My left leg thanks you

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I took your advice during the big fiasco and got a Ford clutch cable, they only have one part number now so that's what I got for 115.80. I figure that I can mod anything wrong to work because that's what I do for a regular job. Here is a pic of the old UPR cable, dead, rough, hard on the left leg.
IMG_0379-D.jpg

The new cable was completely different.
IMG_0378-D.jpg

I cut off the steel retainer clip.
IMG_0382-D.jpg

Removed the big rubber boss.
IMG_0381-D.jpg

Found some Ultem laying around and cut a new boss .500 ID x .750 OD and slipped into place.
IMG_0382-D.jpg

Installed it in the car, the Ford hook up to the clutch fork is different than the UPR that had a threaded rod at the clutch fork.
IMG_0377-D.jpg

Changed the trans oil from Red Line Manual Trans Fluid to AMSoil Syncromesh fluid while I was down there, night and day difference between the two, my T45 shifts like butter now.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I'm on crapatalk on phone and pics are no bueno

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Justang

Reaction score
OK, hope the pics are fixed now.:slowclap:

Check it out...

Starting from the gallery nyah: https://6933.smugmug.com/Mustang-clutch-cable/i-8qRCkxk

Select whichever picture, I'll use the first one because it defaults to it. Hit the share button below the picture, which looks like the box with an arrow coming out the top like deees:
db_app_add.png

Click the "Get a Link" option from the drop-down menu.

You can take any of the links from the list it provides. I chose the "Large" for this, so it copied link https://6933.smugmug.com/Mustang-clutch-cable/i-8qRCkxk/0/L/IMG_0380-L.jpg for me.

You can use the "Insert Image" button when posting, and paste the link there.

*OR*

Paste the link between two image tags:

Either will give you this...

IMG_0380-L.jpg

Any questions, ask away! :headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online