My Maximum Motorsport LCA install review

blackfang

Reaction score
MMRLCA1.jpg

I got these for around 198 shipped and installed them today. Did this with hand tools and a few beer breaks and it took about 3 hours. It was a fairly easy install with minimal issues. The chassis bolts were a pain to get to on the inner part mainly due to my dumps being right there. However, they were manipulated. Also when you try to put the bolt into the LCA on the axle bracket, that can get tricky as the axle wants to move. Nothing that a pry bar couldn't handle.

Put the car was on jack stands on the chasis and one jackstand on one side of the axle right before full droop.

I loosened the chasis pivot bolt first, but did not undo it yet.

Then I loosened the bolt at the axle brack and removed that. Took the floor jack and slowly lowered the LCA to allow the spring to extend. Once that was done, I then took out the chasis bolt as it had no tensions and came right out.

The car feels more sturdier than before and the rear feels more planted. I can feel every bit of the road and the bumps are more stable. Kind of like having an overinflated tire. There really isn't any NVH as many say are supposed to with these arms as they have spherical bushing and all. Maybe I am deaf?

For those with quad shocks, and these LCA's, you can remove them. I chose to keep them(reversed so my 315's can fit).
Overall I like em and simple to install. A good product for a normal driven car that will be seeing some track time again.

If you have air tools, use them as they will cut down install time tremendously.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ran them on my 91 and they were a great value for the money, I was happy with them :)

OP
OP
B

blackfang

Reaction score
This is not a how to. It has quite a bit of good info missing.

I never posted the full instructions on how to do it. Just mentioned the trouble points that a 1 man job has. Alot more to the install.

OP
OP
B

blackfang

Reaction score
Yeah I just didnt see that it met the criteria for a how to. However when I have more time, I will write up one, but being in the moving process I don't have too much time for that just yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online