My mods after having my car for 2 weeks so far.....

sho89mtx

Reaction score
Exterior Mods

Black reflective bumper inserts
[URL="http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/sho89mtx1/media/20150525_2007541_zpsumcwt7cr.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u407/sho89mtx1/20150525_2007541_zpsumcwt7cr.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
Plasti-dipped factory wheels
20150525_2008211_zps0skkxtdp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150527_1702201_zpsqzumk340.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

interior mods

American Muscle white face reverse glow gauges
20150525_2008351_zps0spnnquw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150525_2010021_zpsnhmvfcvn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Very bad job of plasti-dipping my interior trim silver(gonna peel it off and redo some parts later)
20150527_1704031_zpsn3hv68na.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150527_1704291_zpsnvnzpebr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150527_1702541_zpsp4xmese5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150527_1702441_zpsdjkvywad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

heffe2001

Reaction score
Yank that dip off there, and buy the proper colored interior paint from LMR. You'll be happier in the end.

OP
OP
S

sho89mtx

Reaction score
Yank that dip off there, and buy the proper colored interior paint from LMR. You'll be happier in the end.

yeah i'm sure that would be the better option if I was skilled at painting or had any experience, but having the abilty to screw up and just peel it off and start over is big for me =) I'm actually very suprized on how good my wheels turned out especially since it was only my first time ever using that stuff!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
looks good man! i had that same Radio in my car when i bought it Years ago. I liked it actually

OP
OP
S

sho89mtx

Reaction score
looks good man! i had that same Radio in my car when i bought it Years ago. I liked it actually

are u serious? Thank god. I have tried finding the model # everywhere because there is a bunch of stuff I need to figure out how to program, it came with a remote and subwoofer and need to get some online instructions. Do you remember what model# it is? I took the face off and there's nothing on the face saying anything but just Sony on it and there is the LPF, HPF stuff like that where I have no idea what it's talking about

heffe2001

Reaction score
yeah i'm sure that would be the better option if I was skilled at painting or had any experience, but having the abilty to screw up and just peel it off and start over is big for me =) I'm actually very suprized on how good my wheels turned out especially since it was only my first time ever using that stuff!

I painted my door cups, radio surround, gauge surround, and even the rear side panels in the back seat, proper prep is all you really need, that and go slowly, light coats. My rear panels look like new, and have held up really well. My car looks very similar to yours (2000 GT Convertible in Silver), same wheels too (at least currently). I need to either repaint or replace my center console, I'd rather replace it with a 01+ model though...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't have the skill to paint your interior but want silver you should check ebay etc for some. There were a few option packages that had silver plastics and some sellers don't know what they are and sell them cheap.

OP
OP
S

sho89mtx

Reaction score
I painted my door cups, radio surround, gauge surround, and even the rear side panels in the back seat, proper prep is all you really need, that and go slowly, light coats. My rear panels look like new, and have held up really well. My car looks very similar to yours (2000 GT Convertible in Silver), same wheels too (at least currently). I need to either repaint or replace my center console, I'd rather replace it with a 01+ model though...
Ok, thanks for the advice, I think i'm gonna redo them all and first in plasti-dip and let them dry better before the coats. How many coats did u put on?

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with you sho89! Been three weeks and already have about $500 wrapped up in mine, aside from the $3k price tag. Just got my lowering springs on Wednesday and planning on throwing them on this weekend sometime.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score

i like the gauges...i agree on going with color matched sem paint tho. you'd do fine with it i bet! just practice on something else until you get the hang. it would look better and you could actually clean all the painted parts w/o any peeling.

OP
OP
S

sho89mtx

Reaction score
i like the gauges...i agree on going with color matched sem paint tho. you'd do fine with it i bet! just practice on something else until you get the hang. it would look better and you could actually clean all the painted parts w/o any peeling.

yeah I probably will eventually

heffe2001

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the advice, I think i'm gonna redo them all and first in plasti-dip and let them dry better before the coats. How many coats did u put on?

I'm thinking it was 3 or 4 light coats, till the color was consistent on the parts. I also ended up buying one of those handle attachments for the spray cans, it helps you control the paint better than just holding the can and pressing down the nozzle. Make sure it's prepped right first though. Use a cleaner/degreaser on the parts, dry them well with a lint-free cloth, then paint. The door cups were the hardest for me, where you put your hand to pull the doors was pretty deep. I need to replace mine at some point anyway (not because of paint, because the upper tabs on both are broken off, and they don't stay in place well). At some point I plan on two-toning the door panels to match my dashboard (Dark Charcoal on top of dash, medium graphite on lower half). Since the part I'd have to paint on my current doors is vinyl, I may try to find a good condition set of dark charcoal 99-00 doors and just paint the lower plastics with the medium graphite. After that, the plan is to find a set of 2005-2009 seats in the Charcoal/dove two-tone color, and replace my fronts...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99