My multi-event racecar!

96sohc

Reaction score
Its quite obvious in other threads that I drag race my 96.
Well, as of last weekend it is now an ESP autocross car as well.
Entered my first autocross with a local club at RIR, and placed 4 of 8 in the Novice class.

phil1.jpg

phil2.jpg

I have also made mention of a T45 swap, which I am gathering parts for.
I've gotten so far the pedal assembly, upper boot/trim and a wiring harness; hopefully when I sell my 94 I'll have enough that I can buy the T45 and start buying the rest of the necessary pieces.
Also, I just returned from VIR this past weekend crewing for several friends in HPDE, of which I'll be doing this winter when NASA returns to VIR for the Full Course.
I know others have shown interest in doing HPDE's, well I'm doing it.
I've got my helmet on order, and hopefully I'll be able to afford some Cobra brakes this month, and then move on to some Recaros, RSD and an Autopower Roll-bar.
After the autocross, I was hooked, no longer did I care as much about drag racing.
And a quick little bit on the drag racing, since I've recently added 3.73's.
I've only made 2 passes since having them installed, and ran the exact time as my previous best, so I'm hoping that with some slicks and better weather I can hit my goal of a 14.3.
My next attempt will be this Friday in Fayetteville, NC for Freaky Friday.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey nice mustang, the drop and wheels look sweet.

After the autocross, I was hooked, no longer did I care as much about drag racing.

I know exactly what you mean.
I drove an autocross in vegas, and man it was FUN!
way funner than drag's and dragging is way fun too.

Good luck on the tranny swap, I'm doing a swap in my 96 also, looking at the TKO600.

AutoX is so much fun, and unlike draging it's like 15 minutes or more, each run.

I drove my freinds 01 Roush, after the first meet in Novis, they moved me to intermediate.
Alot of fun, I cant wait to get my car done and run it at the track here in SLC.

What have you done to your suspension?

i went through mine last winter prep for the track.

OP
OP

96sohc

Reaction score
Suspension is rather mild: H&R Sport springs, KYB AGX shocks/struts and MM c/c plates.
I'm kinda on the fence about sticking with a T45, I'd LOVE to have a T56...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to build a nice auto X car foe weekend fun. I can drive Pocono raceway against the miatas and ferrari's etc. I've watched while i was vacationing but never drove...I want to get on that track oneday with a mustang that can hold its own.

OP
OP

96sohc

Reaction score
Bump for new photos.
This was this past Sunday during my second autocross.
Since the last time I autocrossed I'd put on some cobra brakes and man am I glad I did.

suckocross2.jpg

I picked up about two weeks ago a new daily driver so I could park the 96 for the winter, and
have transportation while I do the T45 swap, hopefully, this summer.
Of course it doesn't hurt that the new car will do quite well with auto-x, but has the potential
for Spec racing should I get to that level (Can't be full-on racing my mustang, y'know).

Picture002.jpg

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R
187k miles and bone stock except for some AGX's.
God this car is ALOT of fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online