My name is Tiffany and I've been Overhauled.

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Two months before Christmas my fiancee's 1994 V6 Mustang cracked a head in half. She was so upset, but knew that I would take car of it. I told her that when the head cracked I was about a half a mile away from my shop, and will do the work there. For the next two months we worked on swapping the head out, running into problem after problem. Here are some pics of her car.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Little did she know that her head never did crack. My friends James Milligan and Austin Prather worked with me aligning things, gapping this and flushing that, getting all of the dents pulled and the entire car blocked, and even shaving her fuel door.

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
On Christmas eve we drove to Knoxville (our hometown) from Nashville. She had to work late (thanks to the :aresehole: owners of Walgreens who keep the doors open 365 days a year), so we took two seperate cars. Christmas morning we unwrapped all the gifts and settled down. After a while of relaxing, we went out to the garage. I told her that her car had not blown a head, and that it was here. When I opened the bay door and she turned around to see the car, she was in tears. It was a very nice Christmas unveil. She had no idea.

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Shaving the fuel door was a major pain in the ass, but was worth it in the end. Note the Shelby Cobra cap on the sail panel.
By the way, yes, I have a 4.6L Crown Vic Interceptor motor going in it soon.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Two things, you need to learn how to post bigger pics in threads and gimmie some details on that side exhaust. oh, yeah man thats a nice improvement everything flows well.

S

scarface

All you have to do is click the pics, and they expand??? Looks great, shes very lucky:) Details on side exhaust please :)

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I know the pics are small. I am only about 5 hours old to this forum. :pimp: :banana: The side exhaust skirts are Ford Racing style, (thank you Ebay), and the tailpipes are Wal-Mart Honduh :rice: special.

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Suppose I should note that the mufflers are 40 series with 180 degree hook pipes. This allows a side out exhaust without losing too much back pressure.

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
JeremyAlan said:
Wow. Gorgeous Color.

Details on the shaved gas door?
Very cool project. O0

Jeremy

Yeah, it is a pretty sharp color. We pearlized the teal and the silver is Titanium with House of Kolor silver miniflake.
As for the gas door, shwew, where to begin... first off, I stitch welded in a patch panel into the quarter panel after removing the OEM door. Then I laid short strand kitty hair body filler on to get the shape and finished it off with a little glazing compound blocked down to the contour of the the 1/4. Then I cut a hole in the sail panel and molded the recessed area where the fuel cap would sit. I also had to cut a 2" hole in the body metal to route the filer neck. I then cut the filler neck in half, pulled off the rubber hose from the top of the neck, and spliced in a piece of fuel approved hose that was routed down a section of 1 3/4" DOM (Drawn over mandrel) tubing and welded everything in place (verrrrry carefully!). Finally, after riveting the OEM fuel filler outlet into the sail panel, I bolted the door on. A TON of work involved, and to tell the truth I would not do it again if I had to, but it was worth it this one time, as she really likes it. By the way, inside the Shelby cap sits a Permacap (spring loaded opening) so that she never has to remove it to refuel, just open the stainless cap and insert the pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online