My new conv top is leaking!!

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
The trim is now kind of crooked! I cannot explain it really. Right above where my passenger window rolls up. The top is separate from the weatherstripping. It is not fully out kind of. I just tried to take picks of it but it will not work. I need to raise the 1/8†of Con top to see it. I cannot do that and work the camera! I need to go back where I had it redone! That will be Monday, I guess. Maybe a Con owner will understand this jumble, maybe. I tried!

veggiemike

Reaction score
Post some pics... I just replaced my top last weekend (plus 2 days during the week...), so all that stuff's fresh in my head.

Out of curiosity, how much did it cost to have someone replace your top? And what all did they replace? (Top, rear window, pads, frame cables, etc).

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot about this! I stopped by where I had my top replaced yesterday! A long time ago I had my ¼ windows motors replaced. They put my windows in crooked! I immediately took it back and showed them the problem. The jackasses said it was fine and dandy though!! Oh yeah, they took my car out for a 147 miles joy ride and I got a little mad! I could tell because I logged the miles and even my radio was messed with. The bass and treble and stuff, I mean. I kind have a small problem with rage now, so I called them everything but their names. I couldn't remember them!

Back to my 1/4s. The back of the windows need to my lowered! You know how the windows have that black piece between them? The bottom lines up! The top is like a ½†over, I think! I scheduled my new smoked lights to be put in @ a paint & body shop I used to call my 2nd home back in the day. I am going to see if they can reposition them back right. I sure hope I said that right!! Thanks!

GDawg

Reaction score
Do you have subframe connectors in your car?

If you don't, your car will twist and deform leaving your top and doors and windows out of alignment. It can be adjusted but it will come back over and over. Get some subs. That is the FIRST mod for a convertible. Then get everything needed re-aligned.

:police:

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I know what they are, I think. I do not have them though! The people who installed it say it is about 97% because of my crooked 1/4 windows. It is not allowing my windows to stay flush. My mechanic in town told me is it also my new top isn't helping the matter. It still needs to stretch out and stuff. He said it would set right and not bow up like it does now, I think.

Sub frame connectors go on your frame between the motor and you rear axle, right? I have seen those on my car shows maybe!! Thanks!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online