My new Crush!

KingOsiris

Reaction score
So today I feel in love with a girl named autox. I really cant believe the rush I felt running the course today, when I pulled up to the first gate my heart was beating so bad I had to manually make myself breathe. I'm hooked now running today helped me to see what my car really needs to improve on.

Strut brace
better tires
rebuild tranny(kept grinding 2nd)
rebuild pumpkin
lowering springs
cc plates

Just to start out...If you guys have any other suggestions please let me know.:thumbsup:

TanTop94

Reaction score
Coil overs instead of just lowering springs? Im sure theyd help you alittle bit more.

RichV

Reaction score
A little corny. :)

There's a lot more to dialing in the suspension. What year and model do you have? Any current mods?

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
I have a 94gt the only mods that i have as of right now is cai. The last owner said that the car had some kind of chip or mod that stopped the rev limiter but i am unsure about all of that

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I recommend J&M's rear upper and lower control arms. Will really stiffen up the rear. Also change the front swaybar endlinks and put in new bushings.

rw95gt

Reaction score
Sub frame connectors.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I recommend more seat time and better tires, brake pads + rotors to start! It's easy to own a fast car and be a slow driver!

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
Thank you for all the good info keep it coming guys! So far I need to focus on better tires, brakes, subframe connectors, and definitely more seat time. I don't want to go with a coil over set right now. I just want to have reliable and controllable fun. Does anyone have suggestions for exhaust on a car that is a daily driver/autox car. The exhaust that i have now looks like someone welded on some glass packs and never added any pipe after that. I have hood race exhaust lol i wanted turn down right before that axle. I try to do mods that are actually going to help me now and prep for the future things i may want to do with the suspension.

RichV

Reaction score
Just go with a full exhaust kit from the bigger names. It's unsprung weight, so weight is not real important. Just go with what you can afford and catted/off road based on where you live.

I run turndowns on #71, but I'd probably not do it on a daily because of the fumes.

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
Good advice on the exhaust! I was wondering why I was smelling exhaust everyday when i drive to work lol I thought it was a leak.

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
I race with a local club here in Jackson TN. I think the name is west tn autocross. Are you familiar with the jackson or west tn area

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Better tires and brakes is a must. AutoX plays hell on those things. You might look into the Cobra brake swap. Either way, try to add the chassis braces as soon as possible. Driving hard through the twisties and turnies will twist and turn your unibody, so reinforcing your chassis early will keep it straight.

Other than that, it seems like you have a pretty good idea of how to go about modding your car. Starting from the ground and working your way up is a good approach.

The number one mod you can do is the driver upgrade. And that takes lots of practice. Keep up the good work and have fun.

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
i want to see pictures or else she doesnt exist!!!

She sounds mysterious.

I have some video but my 8 year old daughter was filming and its shaky as hell (god bless her) lol. I am working on getting some better pics of the car coming soon!

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
ah. Nice! I went to Machebeuf on Lowry airforce base.

where are you at now?

LOL i used to live on the old lowry base when they closed it. It was some town houses not too far from Colfax if i remember correctly. I live in Jackson TN now but i wish i was there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online