My New Plan

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
Now that I'm not selling my car anymore, here are my plans for this winter!

Now that I've decided to keep the car, I've put together some great plans for it. To sum it up, I do plan on doing a Full PI Swap w/ Stage 2 Comp Cams X-Treme Energy Camshafts. The cams will be backed up by Comp Cams Valve Springs. The exhaust will exit out of MAC Long Tube Headers which will be welded to my existing H-Pipe. To help transfer the power to the rear tires will be a FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft and to help keep the tires on the ground will be a set of GMS Upper/Lower Control Arms. I know a guy with a similar set up and he put down a solid 300 RWHP & 307 RWTQ on the dyno w/ a custom tune and ran a 12.9 @ 109 MPH @ Ubly Dragway. I'm not saying mine will do that but that would be nice!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can see you getting those numbers with FULL boltons and the PI swap..........with a good tune of course :D. Good luck with your plans and keep us posted on how things are going, post pics too if you can.

OP
OP
X

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
I will and if you happen to check out the links in my sig you can see my current mods. I have all the bolt-on's already and I do plan on adding headers and dyno tuning it along w/ the PI Swap and Cams so I hope for some numbers of that sort when it's all said and done! I'll post pics when I get down to it...

whty98

Reaction score
Are you going to add nitrous?? That'd put that quarter mile down. Where are you getting your GMS control arms? Good luck w/ your car man

OP
OP
X

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
Nitrous is kind of out of the question right now. First I'll be focusing on the engine (PI Heads, Intake, Comp Cams, Valve Springs, Long Tubes & Tune) before I do anything else. The Driveshaft, Control Arms and DR's probably won't come until next spring. I'll keep everyone posted, right now I'm in the process of finding the best priced parts and once I find the best prices I'll order them and then figure out a date to throw on all the stuff.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like good plans, the PI is a must, and you may as well add a nice cam to the mix.

Nice looking car BTW.

Rantheman

Reaction score
hey couple of things I would suggest to you.

1 get a tubular k-member if you get a larger oil pan.
2 port and polish deffintely help with the headers and comp cams
3 degree your cams so you don't run into porblems
4 300 rwhp should be now probelm with full bolt-ons and p.i. swap but not sure what yo will be runing I don't even know where I am at and I have full bolt-ons +fuel system upgrade + 5 c.i. + 10.25 compression and full exhaust

OP
OP
X

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's the first time I've heard GMS are junk. Like 3 of my buddies have GMS Uppers/Lowers and not only did they help out a lot they haven't had any problems either. I'll look into it though. I do plan on doing some port work while the heads are out so I'm not worried about that. Also the guy that's helping me with my work has been on an indy race team for over 20 years and knows Mustangs like the back of his hand. All the work we're going to do is top notch and we'll be taking every procaution so we don't encounter any problems!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I also would not recommend GMS suspension parts. asside from the coil overs.
Some parts may be good, but there's too much hype about it, and the bushings don't seem to be that good.
They may be adequate, but certainly not the best.

Please read over my experience and learn from my mistakes.
FIRST AND FOREMOST - GMS is "FINE"
probably fine for stock power levels.

Please read up, and see what others had to say.
Feel free to post up any questions in my thread. :)

It speak up for JR Granatelli, he has been key in engineering over the years, and he has designed and built a bunch of good parts.
But the quality I saw on the suspension parts left some to be desired. I think his people do crappy work sometimes, and
he has had a bad rap over on Corral. He did good trying to honestly address peoples problems, but people they just
wouldn't let up.
MM's phone support and instructions are a night and day difference.

Just keep that in mind as you look around.

http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1081.0

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=701262

OP
OP
X

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I'll definatly keep that in mind for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online