My next drift/track build - Boosted Drift Bullitt

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
So I recently crashed my 98 GT Mustang that I had built over the last 6 years. Started as a drag car then to a grip car and then a drift car.

I had been making good progress and was competing in Just Drift/Top drift Pro am series this year. The week after the first round I went to irwindale to get some seat time and try some new parts. I ended up putting it into the wall and bent the frame front and back.

So basically I was out a chassis.

So i started looking around and I came across a new edge Bullitt roller that had been stripped of its OEM bullitts pieces and replaced with Cobra and Saleen parts. I picked it up and have some really big plans for this one.

Not only to get back on the track ASAP but build something better than what my SN95 was and trying to finish it within a few months in order to compete in Top Drift even though I'll be out of the points race, the seat time and experience is very critical to me.

So here is where we start my new project - Boosteddriftbullitt

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to see your gonna build another!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like you slightly tapped the FFFFFF outta that wall. Seems like a tap like that would have left a bruise?

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
looks like you slightly tapped the FFFFFF outta that wall. Seems like a tap like that would have left a bruise?

The car was definitely beat up. Me? Walked away without a scratch or injury, everybody kept saying I'd feel it the next day but nope, I was good thanks to my safety gear, that Sparco halo seat and harnesses did there job.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How much can you salvage from the old car?? Did the cage get twisted??

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thank god you didn't cheap out on the seat.... I was thinking after I posted that, they say rubbing is racing and that could work with drifting too as they like to rub the wall but you didn't rub it, it raped you. pretty sure I heard raping isn't racing or something like that.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
^ this.

Way to flip what happened into something better. Glad to hear you were not injured.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Car finally stripped down ready for removal of the sound deadening and fabbing up the roll cage

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Spent a day removing all the sound deadening and prepping the chassis.

Today started the cage and stitch welding the chassis.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Okay I'm thinking of building a scoop/naca duct to draw in air cause I have no heater box anymore and well it can get hot sometimes.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay I'm thinking of building a scoop/naca duct to draw in air cause I have no heater box anymore and well it can get hot sometimes.

Agent47 used to make some, not the best quality IMO but they are race pieces so expected. Had a set on my car.

Good to see you hopping right in another. Excited to see how this turns out.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your old car, tots excited about the new build though!

Agent47 used to make some, not the best quality IMO but they are race pieces so expected. Had a set on my car.

And those things were expensive as sheeeeeit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online