My next drift/track build - Boosted Drift Bullitt

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Its coming along. Still have alot of work. But the cage is pretty much done for the most part and I finished test fitting the dash. Also cut the rear of the car out and mounted the fuel cell and radiator.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Any thoughts on doing an irs setup in this car?? Or would irs not do as well for drift??

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Any thoughts on doing an irs setup in this car?? Or would irs not do as well for drift??

I've tossed around the idea of IRS. Would be great to add toe in and changes camber a little. But parts for the IRS can be pricey and are getting harder to find. The SRA has alot more support and parts available that don't break the bank which is the reason I've stuck with the SRA.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Continuing to make progress this week and weekend. Finished painting the interior/cage and trunk area of the car. Finished the frame for firewall in the rear. Dropped in the new fuel cell and radiator setup. Also got my MM full length subframe connectors installed as well.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Getting the dash back together on the new car. Did some rewiring and redid the loom on the harnesses and ditched some of the wiring in harness as well. And yes that is a 4 inch pipe behind the dash on the passenger side floor board.

Also chopped off the front end so I can tube it and gonna stitch weld the chassis as well for the added strength.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Continued on the engine bay. Stitch welded the chassis and cleaned up the extra holes on the shock towers and firewall. Fresh paint to clean up the engine bay and ready to put the motor in next.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Dropped the 4v in with the Trans the other night. Had to custom fab some brackets for the T56 AJE trans crossmember since the last car was a 98 which uses the different style from the 99-04 chassis. Will get some pix of that soon.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
This past weekend I finished up a big project that took awhile, making the rear firewall which will seal off the fuel cell and radiator from the cockpit.

Then I cut the heavy rear quarter panels off the car and installed some fiberglass over fenders from Duraflex. The fitment was literally perfect.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Got the axle together. Welded differential with 3.73 gears. Fresh seals and bearings and Torco SGO. Welded the tubes and painted it black and dark steel metallic.

Installed it with the Maximum Motorsports grip pack. Extreme duty LCA's, Panhard Bar, Torque Arm, and my favorite Feal Suspension 441 Coilovers.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Finally tubed the front end and started fitting the fenders and bumper. Also installed all the front suspension, the Feal 441 custom valved coilovers and Duncan/Mass Angle kit.

It was a good feeling to see the car on the ground with all the suspension installed. Definitely looks aggressive like I wanted. I still gonna play with ride height later.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I hated seeing you wreck the old ride, this beast looks way more sickening!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see it finished and videos and pics of it burning tires sliding!!!!!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
As much as I hated seeing you wreck the old ride, this beast looks way more sickening!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see it finished and videos and pics of it burning tires sliding!!!!!!

agreed.

I am curious why put the dash back in with how heavy it is? is it needed other then to hold the gauges or what else is necessary that mounts to it?

Wichers123

Reaction score
For space and if the car takes a front end collision it won't spill out on to the track. More likely to bash the front than the rear.

Reaction score
For space and if the car takes a front end collision it won't spill out on to the track. More likely to bash the front than the rear.

But then dont you have to route coolant all the way to the engine and back? There's many additional feet of hoses/tubing/piping and makes its more likely to suffer a failure or leak along the way.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
agreed.

I am curious why put the dash back in with how heavy it is? is it needed other then to hold the gauges or what else is necessary that mounts to it?

I was wondering this as well.

Few reasons. One I think it looks ugly without some kind of dash. 2 if I had time I'd try to make one but its not that important at the moment and 3 in stock form its heavy yes, but I cut alot out, took alot of the unnecessary wiring and brackets and took them out, the dash frame shed alot of weight and the dash skin is light already and has been trimmed down on weight as well. So Im good with re using the stock dash and frame because of the stuff I did to it.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Excellent work! That some serious prep. Can you explain what the benefit is and operation of the radiator in the trunk?

But then dont you have to route coolant all the way to the engine and back? There's many additional feet of hoses/tubing/piping and makes its more likely to suffer a failure or leak along the way.

What Wichers said. Keeps the engine bay clean and easier to work in, super easy to swap a blower belt on my Vortech fast if I needed too. Weight shifting is another key part. Added some weight with the lines and extra fluid but its better to have more fluid for your cooling system than less. And as long as you do the lines right their shouldnt be a problem. I will post more about to the lines when I get to them.