My next drift/track build - Boosted Drift Bullitt

Reaction score
What Wichers said. Keeps the engine bay clean and easier to work in, super easy to swap a blower belt on my Vortech fast if I needed too. Weight shifting is another key part. Added some weight with the lines and extra fluid but its better to have more fluid for your cooling system than less. And as long as you do the lines right their shouldnt be a problem. I will post more about to the lines when I get to them.

Thanks. It makes sense - especially freeing up room in the engine bay for modifications/repairs at the track. I had never seen this done before though. Is it particular to drift cars or do road racers do it as well?

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I believe it is mostly particular to drift cars since the angles that the car is in doesn't allow much airflow through the front. So they move it to the back to help with the above mentioned reasons and to help weight balance.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Been awhile since my last update. Been busy but I've been chipping away and getting real close now.

I did away with the ABS module and instead of getting an abs delete block which still retains all the ugly and excessive amount of hard lines in the front, I made it simple with some stainless steel braided lines to clean it up and keep it simple. It was about $65 bucks, way cheaper than an abs delete block and cleans up very nicely.

Installed the Vortech blower and painted all the tube work.

Finished up the lexan pieces for the rear window and ducting

Pulled all the exterior pieces off for paint. Decided to go with Dark Steel Metallic.

Just need to finish the bumpers, hood and trunk as far as paint. As far as the car from running, coolant lines, brakes, charge battery and start. Few other little detail things as well.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Been awhile since my last update. Been busy but I've been chipping away and getting real close now.

I did away with the ABS module and instead of getting an abs delete block which still retains all the ugly and excessive amount of hard lines in the front, I made it simple with some stainless steel braided lines to clean it up and keep it simple. It was about $65 bucks, way cheaper than an abs delete block and cleans up very nicely.

Man, could you elaborate on these brake lines a little bit? Ive been wanting to do this and didnt know how it would hold up. Did you make these lines up with just line and the fittings you needed of are these pre-made? These come from the master and go down to the flex lines at the calipers right?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I'm very curious about the brake lines myself as I'm about to eliminate the abs on my 95.

Looking awesome so far!!! I like the color, gonna look great with the wide body!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
I've had a really long list on this car and happy to say it's alot smaller now with less than 6 things to be done. Happy to say I got the car fired up and running this past weekend. Now I've been reinstalling the body pieces. The car will be 98% done this weekend. Here is where I'm at...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Idk how I missed this build. Bro you are a sick fabricator. This thing is coming along really well!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Great work, that car looks incredible. You made quick work especially with all of the custom fabrication. Hope you get to hit the track soon!

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The "kids" next door build cars for US Drift, I never understood until they took me to a test strip. 450 hp Nissan 240's, LS powered Volvo's, RX7's with 350 sbc, the list goes on some nice some Frankenstein. They are far ahead of me skill wise but I got the Syncrowave 351 in my garage so they humor me and my NPI slowstang. The cars they build and cars that come by for work are all swap type builds with custom stand alone efi systems.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Awesome work loved your first build and your second is even better

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
This past weekend I was able to bring it all together and finish the car. I finished it up late Saturday night in time for the GTR high performance customer appreciation day. I used the car for the Feal Suspension booth. It was definitely getting alot of attention. Finally feels good to be done for now. Next comes seat time at the track is prep for the upcoming top drift pro am series.

It seems like this build took forever. I mean I had to strip down the wrecked chassis and then had to strip this new edge down to nothing in order to prep and build it right. But I seriously did it in about 6 months. The car would have been done alot sooner but my son was born in August which was a big reason why the build slowed down and took and extra 2 months. Still I'm shock how fast I did a full pro drift car build in 6 months by myself with a full time job on top of that. Seriously feels like I overcame a huge obstacle. Glad to say it is done for now.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You killed it bro. It came out so sick! Did you make the tube front end or is that a unit you bought. I ask because someone just sent me links to a tube front piece and it's not too expensive.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
You killed it bro. It came out so sick! Did you make the tube front end or is that a unit you bought. I ask because someone just sent me links to a tube front piece and it's not too expensive.

Thanks. I built the tube front myself.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for answering! Guess it was just convenient timing for him to find that lol. Really awesome job with this. I'm blown away.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Haven't been following the project in a bit, but wow, came out really good. What kind of work did Carbon Driven do for you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online