my other ride

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I know this is a stang site but here is my other ride. Its a 79 f 150 4x4 (the beast :naughty:) that my dad bought brand new. It has a 400 that was recently rebuilt so it is now a 410 w/ edelbrock 4 brl carb and intake, comp cam, dual exhaust with race bullets. It has 31/10.50/15's hankook mt's on 15" eagly alloys and a set of ladder bars/traction bars to get rid of the wheel hop. It is a little muddy in the pics but that is the way it should be. I took it out for a sunday drive the other day after some rain. i plan on getting a selectable locker (either electric ected locker or arb air locker) for it soon cuz it has no lockers of any kind right now so it holds me back quite a bit. I was planning on painting it but instead i put the money into buying the stang.
Here is the beast

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Here is a short vid of it running. It is much louder in person as i had the camera back too far and it was a little windy out. It has a few exhaust leaks i need to fix so that throws off the sound too.

I plan on getting some new pics/vids of the pickup and stang together so i will post them up as soon as i get around to it. This year ill see if i can get some fun pics/vids of the pickup while out hunting, playing in the mud/snow etc... :naughty:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
heeeeeeeeewaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: looks like a good time in the mud to me :D

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya its fairly mean. I am pretty nice to it most of the time but i beat on her every once in a while

Its definately a good time in the mud, but the mud thats on it isnt nothing just had some fun in 2w drive no 4x4 needed.

Ill get some pics of it buried in the snow this winter :thumb: . Thats the nice thing about snow is all you need is a shovel and some warm clothes and you can get out on your own

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i bet you would as i do a lot :dancing6:

I might clean it up today and change the oil. I dunno about cleaning it up though as hunting season starts in a few weeks

97vertstang

Reaction score
oh man do i love those trucks!!!!!! theres no fun like ford longbed fun ;D ur truck is nice!!!!!! 79 is one of my favorite years, i need to get pics of my dads 72 ford longbed.i drove that thing for a year with drum brakes all around, smashing on the pedal and it never broke.those things can take abuse!!!! those are the only trucks u still see hauling shit around, i dont trust toyotas or whatever, get me a good old f 250, for me.nice truck man , and keep on fixing her.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya i think the 78-79 are the best looking trucks (well actually i like the 2nd gen lightning but thats only 2wd). She has been pretty good to me. I need to get lockers in atleast one of the diffs to help her out even more in the mud. Down the road (way down the road) i will hopefully be able to swap in a big block (460, maybe even stroke it :naughty:)

I havent had any major problems with her other than battery, starter, alt etc. basically normal wear and tear and i have beat on her a fair bit. I try to keep her out of major trouble as most of my buddies only have 2wd so if i get stuck they aint much help lol and my dad isnt amused when he has to pull me out.... luckily we have tractors ;D . I buried it up to the hood in snow a few years back. Man he didnt think that was funny at all, but i said well i made it through earlier so i was just going back through (i made it the 1st time 2nd time not so much). I invested in a heavy ass tow rope but so far it has only done the pulling and not been pulled out with it.

I really need an arb air locker so i can have it open when on the street (especially in ice/snow) and fulyl locked when im mudding etc. but it aint cheap @ around 700 i believe plus a few other pieces needed. Auburn has a electronic controlled locker and eaton has there elocker but neither is available for the ford 9" or a dana 44 which i dont understand because they are 2 of the most popular axles.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
good looking truck.

i always liked the early F body style.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well im going to get either a limited slip or a locker for it this week. I am stuck between 2 different choices. The powertrax lock right (locker) and the powertrax no slip traction system (limited slip). The lock right would be better off road as it is a locker so when it locked there would be no slipping like the limited slip but then when snow/ice comes around the locker will be a bigger pain to drive around in (icey corners esp). The lock right is 221 and the no slip is 385. I really would like the locker but i drive it during winter daily (stang needs to rest). The good news is i will be able to put them in myself in a few hours with no special tools :dancing6: The selectable lockers would be best but they are over 800 just for the parts then id have to pay someone to install them :( . I need to make my decision pretty quickly because hunting season is coming fast (pheasant season in 2 weeks and deer in about a month). Now my "4wd" drive truck will be "3wd" lol

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i love this truck. I would sell my stang before id sell it. I dont think i will ever let go of it. I just put a powertrax no slip traction system (locker) in the rearend :naughty: . It works pretty good and fairly easy to install (a few minor hiccups). I was giong to get some pics up of it when it was clean but i never got around to it and now it is really muddy. Maybe ill get some pics of that instead

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.