my pos mustang.

V8RUMBL

Reaction score

I bought this mustang a few months ago with a bunch of issues with the intention of fixing it up, mostly putting it back to stock, and slapping on a body kit. Last week was the first step in the process. The throw out berring was shot from day one so i replaced that, ford racing of course, got a luk clutch kit since it was already apart (didn't want anything hard to push, my knees are shot from crashing motorcycles and such) and a steeda flywheel. It also needed some tires so got those put on (tire guy gunned them on to about a million ftlbs). The wheels also looked like hell so i had 60$ to blow so i got some paint supplies and did that today.

this is what i was working with

Threw it on the lift, because i have one and its easy

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
Threw the wheels into a dump trailer hooked up to an old tractor, you can use a nicer tractor, it's up to you. You can also choose to have your german shepherd assist, it's your call.

This jd5425 worked for me to haul them to a pressure washer

Paint flaking off like crazy

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
The previous owner seemed to have a curb rubbing fettish or something

Index cards useful even after you graduate.

No idea if this shit works but figured I'd give it a try since the wheels werw masked off

Also painted the calipers white because they were red and silver before, as in some were red and one was silver.

Looks better than it did thats for sure.

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
Car looks great IMO.

What else needs repaired?
Radiator support, missing the front 5mph bumper, interior was painted but not prepped so it's pealing, needs a new dash, trunk is gutted but I'm working on that now, no fender liners in the front, little odds and ends.

Next up will be the headlight retrofit and redoing the trunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online