My project..

st4ng07

Reaction score
After doing tons of research I have finally made a master plan for my car....So bare with me hear this is gonna be a long one.

Step 1: In may (hopefully around 18th- My B-day) I plan to get 3.73 gears, main bearing install kit, speedcal, and trac-lok rebuild kit. Also try to pick up some DR's.

Step 2: For me I get out of school May 29th. I will be working around 40-50 hours a week at my fathers restaurant at 9.00-9.50$ an hour. With that money I will be earning I want to redo my whole suspension. I want to go with adjustable struts and shocks, upper and lower control arms, new sway bars, subframe connectors, lowering springs, k-member (maybe), caster camber plates. Which Im estimating 3000$ maxium. I plan installing all of the items myself.

Step 3: After gaining some more money. I plan to pick up a PI engine, put cams on it (thinking vt stage 2) <still need help choosing some>, long tube headers.
Then Im hoping to be able to get a nice tune. Im hoping to spend another 4000$ on engine. (with the engine swap, I plan to pick up parts here and there. And plan to swap it out in the winter.) Then next spring pick up some rims and tires.

If anyone has any other ideas or reccomendations (sp) post them please. Im hoping for high 12's with all this. And yes I know the suspension I wanna do is a little extreme, But I want my car to handle perty well...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you are gonna do a tubular k-member, i would suggest getting tubular arms and coilovers.

OP
OP
S

st4ng07

Reaction score
See, thats what I was told also. So most likely I prolly wont go with a k-member. Other then that , what is your opinion?Any good cams that you reccomend?

Maximum95

Reaction score
Also when you do the suspension I recomend you get a bushing kit, I got one from Energy Suspension that includes every bushing under the car. Although I know most of your control arms and links will come with bushings.

GrnGt

Reaction score
Instead of the whole engine do the p.i. Swap (more compression) and hitech stage 2 cams.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
they sell tubular member's that have a arms with spring perches! it still saves some weight w/o having to do coil overs!!!!

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
1) what do you plan to do with the car that makes you feel you need adjustable shocks and struts? Why do you want these parts, is it that your trying to build a street track/strip car or are you doing this to have "sick mods" A lot of the parts you will buy may be overkill or not even needed if you have a particular goal in mind.

2) If you do LT's you will need to do a mid pipe which matches the Long tubes (is shorter in over legnth). Next when you said vt stage 2 cams, what made you choose them? If you have any plans on going SC or staying na, also with you "final goal" in mind, this will also help in teh decision making process of cam shafts.

I think that covered most of that.

infamous209

Reaction score
I like the fact your going to try to install a lot of this stuff yourself! Now the suspension maybe a little overkill but if its truley what you want go for it. You have definately came to the right place for help, and if your going to do all this work to everything else, dont forget to show the trans some love!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
everything sounds really good.

couple of things to consider, duffy beat me to the cam choice portion (duffy ftw)

look into a teksid block, its alot lighter and you will already have it if you ever plan to do anything that requires serious hp, and i like the kmember idea too, if you do a teksid and a k member you will shave almost 200lbs off the front end.

weight = speed my friend.

everything else looks good on your build list, dont forget the a clutch though, and or a trans rebuild. t-45s love to break under high hp builds.

GrnGt

Reaction score
I say p.i. Swap, nitrous, and some cams to compliment! :)

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
yup! we got owned!!! :BangHead:

owned9wz.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.