My rental car experience with Enterprise...

sn95jones

Reaction score
Has been nothing short but stressful. Since the Acura is undergoing the massive airbag inflator recall Acura has decided to put me in a rental car for the next few months. It was suppose to be as simple as them giving me a Charger R/T, that didn't go as planned but nonetheless they locate me a 2016 Charger.... SXT. Nice car, HORRIBLE suspension and a clunky 8 speed auto.
This was their first attempt.

Fast forward 2 weeks and after bugging every Enterprise branch in my area for a replacement, this is my replacement. I am now happy :)

Anyone know what it is?
Yes this is necessary :p
3 more just for fun lol

Absolutely AWESOME car love the 2017 Fusion redesign. It's only the SE but this one is still fully loaded minus the big touch screen. Has the 1.5 Ecoboost, but I was hoping it had the 2.0 =\ meh oh well slower than the Charger but MUCH more comfortable :)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Who cares what they put you in, it's a rental that your not paying for.

It always amazes me when people want to complain about a free rental. Technically there is no law requiring them to put you in a rental so be happy no matter what you get. Enterprise doesn't stick their lots in anticipation that some kid is gonna come in demanding some dope ride.

I've used enterprise for years and have never had an issue.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, I'm definitely not seeing the issue with a camry, sonata or Altima.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Who cares what they put you in, it's a rental that your not paying for.

It always amazes me when people want to complain about a free rental. Technically there is no law requiring them to put you in a rental so be happy no matter what you get. Enterprise doesn't stick their lots in anticipation that some kid is gonna come in demanding some dope ride.

I've used enterprise for years and have never had an issue.

I care when I am making 6 hour trips every weekend. I want something that is going to be comfortable and something I'll actually enjoy driving. If I have the option to pick whatever I want I'm going to take advantage it.

Yea, I'm definitely not seeing the issue with a camry, sonata or Altima.
I've spend lots of time with those on a daily basis, over time you really grow tired of them. Camry is just boring and nothing special, Altima has the annoying CVT which I cannot stand. Sonata, well... It's a Hyundai and though they have come a long way over the years, the trim level rental car agencies use are complete bare bones nothing special.

My point is if I'm gonna be stuck with it for a few months I wanna be happy with it. That's all I'm trying to say.

If it were short term like a few day I couldn't care less what they put me in, but a few months I'd like something nice. I mean if you were given the choice to rent any car you wanted would you not take advantage of that and go for something nice?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My Hyundai has a nicer trim pckage and is an overall nicer car than any charger out there. And as much as I love fords I'll take my Hyundai over a lot of them. It has a much nicer interior, v6 with over 300hp and 28-30mpg on the highway. Leather, power, heated seats, killer factory could system and it rides way nicer than a new fusion or Taurus.

And it's the base model, the exact same model that enterprise uses. Now granted mine is a Genesis but there's nothing that rental car companies use that is any nicer without paying a stupid high premium. Matter of fact, having one of these for a rental car for 6 weeks is the reason I decided to buy one.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
My Hyundai has a nicer trim pckage and is an overall nicer car than any charger out there. And as much as I love fords I'll take my Hyundai over a lot of them. It has a much nicer interior, v6 with over 300hp and 28-30mpg on the highway. Leather, power, heated seats, killer factory could system and it rides way nicer than a new fusion or Taurus.

And it's the base model, the exact same model that enterprise uses. Now granted mine is a Genesis but there's nothing that rental car companies use that is any nicer without paying a stupid high premium. Matter of fact, having one of these for a rental car for 6 weeks is the reason I decided to buy one.

Yeah I haven't seen a Genesis in rental agencies in a couple years. Back when I was at Enterprise we had a few here and there but honestly I haven't seen any in forever, same with here at Hertz where I'm at now, we just have the Sonata and it's the base model, I've driven the new redesigned Sonata and it's nice don't get me wrong but why pay the same price for a base model Sonata when you can get a Fusion with leather and a Ecoboost. Not to mention my Fusion rental has only 30 something miles so I was literally the first person to rent it so that alone was a big plus.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Enterprise three times in the last couple months to do one way rentals when I purchase out-of-state vehicles. Each time they've been very pleasant and accommodating. They pick me up from my house, as well as drop me off at the destination after I turn the car back in. They always ask if I have a preference, to which I say, "whatever is cheapest." I usually end up in something like a Hyundai Accent, or Kia Rio... but who gives a shit... it's just a rental.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
I've used Enterprise three times in the last couple months to do one way rentals when I purchase out-of-state vehicles. Each time they've been very pleasant and accommodating. They pick me up from my house, as well as drop me off at the destination after I turn the car back in. They always ask if I have a preference, to which I say, "whatever is cheapest." I usually end up in something like a Hyundai Accent, or Kia Rio... but who gives a shit... it's just a rental.

Right like I said if it were a short term rental I wouldn't care less but we're talking about a few months of being stuck with this thing lol.
Another thing I hate they do is they'll promise me a vehicle and tell me they'll get it for me then when I call the day before to pickup they'll turn the table and say "oh we can't do that" I'm just like. Uhhh... yall just told me you would now you're saying you can't what's the deal?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Every February I rent a 4wd quad cab truck for my trips to Michigan. I rent it a few weeks n advance and it's always there when I need it. Usually either a Ford F-150 fx4 or a ram. Only issue I ever had was when they had a 250 that I declined cause even tho it was loaded it would of cost me triple in gas.

Jgehret

Reaction score
You're an awfully picky ***** for someone getting a free rental car....

Hell, this rental may very well be the longest you've actually had a car in your possession.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a sonota years ago when I was on a 3 week business trip, very comfortable car and I had no complaints about when I was done. One of the other guys had an HHR that had only a few thousand miles on it and the paint was chipping off the dash and it was loud as hell.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
You're an awfully picky ***** for someone getting a free rental car....

Hell, this rental may very well be the longest you've actually had a car in your possession.

That's quite funny. However as I said if I have the option to pick whichever car I want to be put in I'm going to get the best I can get. Who wouldn't?.. If you were given a choice to pick any car to be stuck with for a few months would you rather pick the economy car or the premium car?
I think just about everyone here would go for the premium car if there was no cost to it.

Jgehret

Reaction score
That's quite funny. However as I said if I have the option to pick whichever car I want to be put in I'm going to get the best I can get. Who wouldn't?.. If you were given a choice to pick any car to be stuck with for a few months would you rather pick the economy car or the premium car?
I think just about everyone here would go for the premium car if there was no cost to it.

Personally, I wouldn't give a tin flying shit what car was given to me. It's free, therefore I don't care. I never cared what ride I ended up with when I traveled for work. Sometimes I would have a car for a month or two. Four wheels and a seat is all I required. Are you an Obama supporter? You certainly have the entitlement mentality.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't give a tin flying shit what car was given to me. It's free, therefore I don't care. I never cared what ride I ended up with when I traveled for work. Sometimes I would have a car for a month or two. Four wheels and a seat is all I required. Are you an Obama supporter? You certainly have the entitlement mentality.

Bahahahaha someone give this man a beer. Best post I've seen in a long time

lutter94

Reaction score
A few months back at the dealer? Why not let them buy the lemon back if thats the case......I don't see how them paying for a 3 month rental puts them ahead of just buying it back outright, and letting you get something different. I had enterprise a month ago rented at Port Columbus for 2 weeks. No complaints whatsoever.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Well it's the airbag inflator recall and they have a massive backorder so instead of letting someone get killed or severly injured and risk a multi million dollar lawsuit per person paying for a rental car for an extended period of time is more beneficial to them financially. Plus my car is well past the mileage to be qualified as a lemon lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.