My Ricermobile Civic Budget Build

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
It's a little annoying at times to be honest. It still has the cat on it, but I was planning on welding another resonator in to quiet it down. It's not obnoxious, but I like a dd to be reallyyy quiet, lol.

I'm the same way. Even the OEM exhaust my sedan had was annoying to me, haha. I like the look of the exhaust you have on it but would want it to be as quiet as possible. Any chance of getting a video?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I'm the same way. Even the OEM exhaust my sedan had was annoying to me, haha. I like the look of the exhaust you have on it but would want it to be as quiet as possible. Any chance of getting a video?

I'll try to get one today if I have time.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok, thanks bud. What else would you have done with the car? Any other maintenance needed?

It looks like a perfect candidate for another retrofit projector setup.... hmmm......

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Ok, thanks bud. What else would you have done with the car? Any other maintenance needed?

It looks like a perfect candidate for another retrofit projector setup.... hmmm......

I'd put the AC back on it probably, but other than that there's nothing else I think it needs. It doesn't leak any fluids or anything. I just put some new motor mounts in it too.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I'd put the AC back on it probably, but other than that there's nothing else I think it needs. It doesn't leak any fluids or anything. I just put some new motor mounts in it too.

Do you have the parts for the AC? I know you've fixed a lot of the issues with it. Did the cruise control ever go back in?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Do you have the parts for the AC? I know you've fixed a lot of the issues with it. Did the cruise control ever go back in?

I have some of the parts but not all of it (like the compressor). The cruise is back on it now too. It's got it's share of little nit-picky things just like any car with 143,000 miles has but nothing major. I love driving it.

Andddd two more flakers down. I don't know why I even try to sell stuff anymore. People have jerked me around so much I'm probably going to pull it down off craigslist and hope I sell it locally.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I have some of the parts but not all of it (like the compressor). The cruise is back on it now too. It's got it's share of little nit-picky things just like any car with 143,000 miles has but nothing major. I love driving it.

Andddd two more flakers down. I don't know why I even try to sell stuff anymore. People have jerked me around so much I'm probably going to pull it down off craigslist and hope I sell it locally.

Would the compressor be the only thing I would need? It had 143k miles? You definitely cleaned it up haha doesn't look like it.

I'm talking to my wife about it now. I just want to make sure I know everything I need to fix so I can address it. My commute might be getting longer and buying a STi isn't in the plans right now so a clean beater like this would be ideal. I wouldn't mind if you welded that resonator in either ;) lol.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Would the compressor be the only thing I would need? It had 143k miles? You definitely cleaned it up haha doesn't look like it.

I think the compressor and condenser are the only parts missing, all the lines were there. Yeah it's crazy low miles for a civic, I never see them with less than 225,000 on them around here.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I think the compressor and condenser are the only parts missing, all the lines were there. Yeah it's crazy low miles for a civic, I never see them with less than 225,000 on them around here.

Haha yeah I know. I've owned two. One of them had lower miles than yours.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
If you don't end up wanting it I'll probably end up keeping it and doing a bunch of crap to it and continue using it as my rainy/crappy day dd

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
A pic I took a few days ago. This car looks so tiny compared to a regular sized car! This was before it got covered in salt/rain/mud/brake dust. Lol.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
How low is it? Does it do decent for daily commuting? How's the ride? I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get it since I need something better on gas.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
How low is it? Does it do decent for daily commuting? How's the ride? I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get it since I need something better on gas.
It's pretty low, as low as you can go and still be practical. I go over gigantic speedbumps every day with it and it scrapes but doesn't hurt anything, just the mudflaps. It rides great for coilovers, much better than a lowered Mustang!

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
No more rice burner. :( Sold it today for $200 less than the asking price, so not bad at all! I made $1700 on it, so I consider it a success, especially since I enjoyed messing with it every day and drove it 2000 miles.

Here's the last pic of it after I cleaned it up.

TanTop94

Reaction score
oh no! Im gonna miss this car...though it has inspired me to get a civic as a DD as my mustang is starting to not like the abuse and I could use the better gas mileage. JDM fo life.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=16454]slow90coupe[/MENTION] I've got a few questions about the suspension setup you ended up going with.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great! Looking at the pics they should work out fine for me. I'd like mine to sit right about where yours was. Any chance you have the link for the LCA's?

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. The import scene is 100% new to me so I'm still getting in the loop with a lot of this stuff. Is there any cheaper coilovers you've come across that will get me the same drop with lesser ride quality. I'm going for cheap with this thing. If not I'll probably just grab the ones you had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online