my ride

monkeydude3

Reaction score
here is my 1997 mustang GT with 1994 cobra wheels. It's mostly stock, as I'm saving for a secondary/beater car to drive so I can do more to it. It needs engine work, but runs fine for now

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Clean looking GT. the cobra wheels look nice on there.

Welcome to the site.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
hey guys sorry I posted it wrong originally... new to this site and not used to the look of it.

Well... I've already rebuilt the T45 (still a piece of crap but shifts smooth now) and put in a king cobra clutch. I also did the oil pan gasket and rear main seal.... spark plugs... removed air silencer with a WIX filter...

It came with eibach sportline springs, so I bought some UPR CC plates... big mistake... they RATTLE like tin cans. So I have some MM CC plates coming soon.

It has flowmaster mufflers welded in, white faced gauges and a 2 gauge pillar on the left with air/fuel and oil pressure. I got the wheels about 2 months ago from a guy in wisconsin, and then ordered khumho 711 ecstas for it. I work as a driver at Ford dealer and one of the techs there is REALLY NICE so he mounted and balanced them for me for FREE.

Future plans are mighty and small. I have a mac o/r H pipe waiting to go in sitting in my 'garage.'

My main plan for this car is to rebuild the engine. It's burning oil, and through some testing and reading, it's the bottom end.

I want to completely forge it and put in some meaty cams... Possibly rebuild and P&P the heads...not sure if I want to go N/A or S/C... will see what my wallet will allow. Looking for 300 rwhp minimum

For now, it's my DD for school. I'm goin to school to be an auto technician, and this fall I'm taking engine rebuilding class. So I will take the procedures I learn there and apply it to my car when I pull the motor.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like a good start.

blown or not, I'd say do cams if you can. factory cams are pertty mild.

You'll like the MM plates, pretty much anything from MM is excellent.
did you get the 4-bolt?

There's good info in here on Heads and parts in the 4.6 forum and there's also the forced induction for blower questions and the like.
or whatever else you like :)

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
lol we have alot of similarities..

i have a mac o/r hpipe sitting in my 'garage' waiting to be installed too. i have my flowmasters welded on so i cant really do the job by myself. i have the 4 bolt MM CC plates, they are awesome paired up with my eibach sportlines. your plans sound really nice. if you get your hpipe installed before I do, let me know how it sounds, im sooo anxious to do it but the place that is going to do mine is about an hour away so it might be a week or two..

after i graduate this year, im going to UTI or Oklah State Univ first then UTI.. i havent decided which im doing first but im going to be a mechanic too. i can't wait for college! awesome car man. ill be watchin out for more pics and info on the hpipe. :thumb:

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
thank you all very much for the replies. It's not a cobra or saleen... but I've hearned ever cent that goes into it.

The MM CC plates I ordered are the 4 bolt type. Once I put those in, I have to wait for my steeda MIL elims ot arrive, and then I will put in the H pipe too. I will be sure to post up some vids asap once it's on

TxCobrA98: Does your stang sit in a garage? At my house we don't have one, we just have one car port tent for our project classic car... so my car sits in the driveway all the time.

JonBeast: wazzup??? I love the sound of your car, do you have flowmaster cat back or weld ins?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
it did when i first got it but now it sits out infront of my house.. my sister moved back into my house and currently all of her crap is in my parking space in the garage. we planned on moving her furniture to her room this weekend but she has about 600 articles of clothing laying on her floor so we couldn't do it. :-\

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
dang, i washed and then waxed some of my car yesterday and today it's got a layer of pollen on it.... ::sigh::

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
monkeydude3 said:
dang, i washed and then waxed some of my car yesterday and today it's got a layer of pollen on it.... ::sigh::
California duster FTW!

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Hey whats up, i share the fact that i too will be attending UTI (houston) sometime within 2007, i've already graduated from high school. :p

BTW i LOVE how your stang looks, the drop and those rims look simple yet hot, is there anything else done to the suspension? just springs?

You know what? i love the way your car looks so much...........i'm going to bite your style. :boink:

What size tires are those kumohs? They fit the wheels perfect.

I hope you will still read this thread...i just realized its a couple of days old! :lol:

:-\

*runs off to find a good deal on 94 cobra rims and eibach sportlines* ;D

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
Hey whats up, i share the fact that i too will be attending UTI (houston) sometime within 2007, i've already graduated from high school. :p

*runs off to find a good deal on 94 cobra rims and eibach sportlines* ;D

lol.... i have some 98 cobra rims for sale if you want those, i know they are different style but idk if you just wanted cobra rims. i wont be going to UTI until the fall semester of 07.. i graduate in june of 07. Im giong to the Houton campus as well. that will be awesome if we all met up there and get to work together.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Haha cool man, where abouts in Texas are you from? I'm staying in Grand Prairie ATM but when i attend UTI i'll be getting an apartment in houston. Shoot me a pm or some shit! :thumb:

About the rims, after seeing his stang sit like that i'd like to get 94 cobras and eibach sportlines, but shit, 2 hours ago i was going to get 98 style cobras with H&R SS's! :lol:

So yeah again, shoot me a pm and we'll talk about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.