My S351

S351SC

Reaction score
Here are some pics i've taken with my phone over the months since buying my S351 late last year. I'm looking to buy a DSLR(if you guys have any suggestions please let me know, I know nothing about Cameras other than Megapixels lol. I need it for business but would also like to take some high resolution pictures of my car at some point.). Anyhow the car is a '94 S351 Supercharged (from the factory). in '94 the "R-code" option was technically not a package option, but the same options were available and this car came with them. They were Vortech supercharger, 13" Alcon calipers and rotors, twin gauge pod on dash and 4 core radiator. Car also came with the optional 2 pt B pillar chassis brace (that looks like a roll bar). I have a Saleen OEM heat extractor hood I need to get painted and installed on the car but will be keeping the stock one. I dont plan on modifying the engine whatsoever or cutting up the car in any way, car is "fast enough" as is, The car has 10,750 miles. Hope you guys enjoy, whenever I buy camera and take pictures I'll upload them to the site as well. If you guys have any questions pertaining to the car I enjoy talking about S351s I think as much as anyone out there. Along the way I've learned a few things here and there though I'm no expert by any means. There's guys that know a ton more about them that I've come across online over the last year or so.

OP
OP
S

S351SC

Reaction score
Forgot to mention "S351" floor mats in pictures are also Saleen OEM but bought them after purchasing the car, in '94 and I believe '95 they came with just " Saleen Mustang" on them but no "S351". Like the hood I'm also keeping factory floor mats.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Dude, that thing is awesome! Those seats look really nice too, are they factory? (I have absolutely NO knowledge on Saleen stuff)

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Dang that thing is mint. Love it. [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] yeah I absolutely love those seats

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pardon me while I get a towel................... $-)

Truly badarse in so many ways!!!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Whistler98

Reaction score
Low miles! That thing is beautiful! Welcome to the forum, hope you post lots of pics of that thing in the future.

OP
OP
S

S351SC

Reaction score
Yes those are factory too. Made by recaro, cloth was standard but seats in car are optional leather. in '97 only slight change was a less pronounced seat bolster(on the seat portion, not back rest) from what I've seen and that year a new option seems to have been available. Recaro was still the supplier but was a different seat design altogether which became standard in '98 and was also used in '99 which was the last year of the S351.

OP
OP
S

S351SC

Reaction score
Best wing 1994-1998 right here gentlemen. Read it and weep.

back in '04 when I had my '95 GT I used to think the S281 wing was the best looking, it just seemed to flow well with the crease running down the side and swooping around the upper edge of trunk. But after seeing the S351 in person for the first time when buying the car it just went well with the rest of the car, it was aggressive enough, but not over the top. It definitely is a great wing, not to mention you rarely see them on mustangs compared to the s281 wing.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
back in '04 when I had my '95 GT I used to think the S281 wing was the best looking, it just seemed to flow well with the crease running down the side and swooping around the upper edge of trunk. But after seeing the S351 in person for the first time when buying the car it just went well with the rest of the car, it was aggressive enough, but not over the top. It definitely is a great wing, not to mention you rarely see them on mustangs compared to the s281 wing.

Well of course, you clearly understand this is the best wing too.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Beautiful, man. What a great find. I've always coveted the 1st gen SN95 Saleens - especially the S351

OP
OP
S

S351SC

Reaction score
Beautiful, man. What a great find. I've always coveted the 1st gen SN95 Saleens - especially the S351
Same here, that's what got me into Mustangs. Specifically the BASF painted S351 SR Widebody in the '97 LA Auto Show. For me personally other than the great looks(which are great in and of their own) the fact that it was a completely different engine(and not just supercharger added like with Steedas of those yeras for example) just made it that much more special. It being a fuel injected AND supercharged 351W rated at 480 HP (Viper of that year was making 400 HP, granted naturally aspirated) and it was OEM, EPA certified? there was just nothing like it that I'm aware of at the time or since in terms of the extent of the modifications, primarily the different engine, transmission, and rear. Looking back that was almost 10 years ahead of the '03-'04 Cobra. Which we all know what that did for the Mustang/Cobra name and how significant that is in Mustang history. I'm just so glad I could get one especially in the condition it is, the only problem is now I want an SR!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online