Reaction score
IMG_20160721_150927651_HDR_zpssazkrvii.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
So far I like it, first thing I'm doing to it is gears, it's got a full exhaust with x-pipe but it's cut off after the muffler I need to finish. Headers, msd ignition box and distributor. I THINK it's been lowered some. I know it didn't come with those wheels. Does anyone know what they are? It's got some kind of racing clutch and short throw shifter too. It's a blast to drive. I took it to the track and managed 15 flat after I got used to the clutch and shifter some. I know it still must have those 2:71 gears in it because I barely need to even shift it into 3rd at the top end. Can't wait to get the 3:73 gears in it.

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
It's only got 112k miles on it too and I paid 3,000 for it.

Reaction score
I THINK it's been lowered some. I know it didn't come with those wheels. I know it still must have those 2:71 gears in it because I barely need to even shift it into 3rd at the top end. Can't wait to get the 3:73 gears in it.

yep, its lowered

mach 1 rims

273s, not 271s

if you want to drag it 410s or even 456s will be good. ive had 373s in 2 of my cars and theyre awesome, but if you want to get out of the hole like last week then 410s is probably what you want

i currently have 410s and theyre too much for me normal driving so im going to 355s but i also autocross so different tool/different yob

im not an advocate of american muscle because i shop with sinister mustang but they sell complete gear kits for about 260 so thats a great investment. youre also gonna want a frpp speedo recal tool

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
Yes, just got it Tuesday. Haven't changed anything except a new air filter

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
It's like a flat black paint. Doesn't have any clear. One day I'm going to get it painted one color lol

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
yep, its lowered

mach 1 rims

273s, not 271s

if you want to drag it 410s or even 456s will be good. ive had 373s in 2 of my cars and theyre awesome, but if you want to get out of the hole like last week then 410s is probably what you want

i currently have 410s and theyre too much for me normal driving so im going to 355s but i also autocross so different tool/different yob

im not an advocate of american muscle because i shop with sinister mustang but they sell complete gear kits for about 260 so thats a great investment. youre also gonna want a frpp speedo recal tool
Thanks for the info, I don't know if changing the gear is something i can tackle on my own. If there is a walkthrough somewhere I'll take a look and decide if I should try it or have a shop do it. I'm going with 3.73s because it is going to be driven a lot. Right now it's the only car I have lol. Do you know the link to exactly everything I need? I want to change everything that SHOULD be changed but nothing more than I need to.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I don't know if changing the gear is something i can tackle on my own. If there is a walkthrough somewhere I'll take a look and decide if I should try it or have a shop do it. I'm going with 3.73s because it is going to be driven a lot. Right now it's the only car I have lol. Do you know the link to exactly everything I need? I want to change everything that SHOULD be changed but nothing more than I need to.

personally i like to do all my own work but i dont think i would ever tackle the rear end ...it scares me hahah

http://www.americanmuscle.com/373-gear-oil-kit-8609.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-speedo-tool-9410.html

[video=youtube;olk9PS600_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olk9PS600_c[/video]

youll be real happy with the 373s, my car is my only one too so i know your struggle hahah, i cant go full racecar just yet

now all you need is a reputable shop so expect to spend anywhere from 2-4 hundred for the whole install. the american muscle kit has EVERYTHING you need and then the speedo recal will make it so your speedometer is reading correct

Reaction score
It's like a flat black paint. Doesn't have any clear. One day I'm going to get it painted one color lol

im 99% positive youre looking at: primer front and rear bumpers which solicited the plastidip to make it look like its meant to be that way with plastidip on the A and C pillars. it doesnt look horrible, but i do suggest picking up a set of oem tail lights...those on the car uh...arent the best looking

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
Thank you for the links. I do want to change the headlights and tail lights, I'm dealing with the paint job right now... like I said I want to paint it right when I have the money. For 3 grand I'm happy with what I got because there's nothing really wrong with it, just cosmetic stuff. My focus right now is mainly getting it into the mid 14s

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Bright Atlantic Blue

I think the car looks good. Not my way of scheme but not entirely ugly. Being simple helps out too. Some guys go crazy with angles and mutli colors....just ruins it!

Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online