My Speedo Is Fk'd Up!

1PissedOffCobra

Reaction score
I am running a Tremec TKO 600, and 3.73 RE Gears. My speedo pegs out by the time I hit 30 MPH. Its all over the place inconsistantly. What do I do? I searched for threads, but came up with nothing. Help me out.

Julian Moore

Reaction score
How about some more info? Is this a new gear install??? The 94/95 cars, as per everything for us, run different gears then any other year? Any chance, it happens a lot, your gear is all sheered up? When did it start?

OP
OP

1PissedOffCobra

Reaction score
The RE gears were in before I started my motor and tranny swap. Before I started the project everything was stock....T5 etc. It happens all the time, it hasn't worked right yet. I thought it was as simple as swapping out a gear in the trans, but the local tranny shop said it wasn't that. Maybe they just don't really know. Not sure.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
When mine does that, it's a loose/dirty connection to the speed sensor on the side of the tranny

Julian Moore

Reaction score
I would contact who you got the tranny for and find how what the gears are set up for. Sometimes you need to change the tranny gear and the speedo gear to get an acurrate reading. Call them up, tell them yo have a 95 with a 3.73 speedo gear..would this cause any problems. May be the quickest problem. As our cars are 94/95's I don't see how we need to trick the computer.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hell . . . I don't use my speedo anyway . . . . :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online