My swap from 94 V6 to GT update

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
What ended up being the issue of no power and popping? Sounds like timing.
My mass air senson was not all the way plug in, I did the timing again at 10 degrees where it was before but the plug wires 2 were touching the headers and fried them so I went to a Taylor new set with short boot, I love them!
Car is running nice now. The only issue I am having is overheating which is driving me crazy. I have new AL rad I change twice the T-stat went down to 180 degree and still doing it when I am stock in traffic so I believe could be something wrong with my oem fan. I check that fan is running with the ac and without it, May be the second speed is not kicking in and it doesn't have enough power to get the hot air from the rad? Any ideas? I want to go to an aftermarket dual fan but I will have to relocate the battery and the overflow tank to make them fit (I think so never done it before)

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
image_zpsoevrkbea.jpg

This is how she looks now

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Well guys She just came bavk drom the Dyno and it has 297 HP and 309 at the rear wheel. I was thinking to get around 320 but I can live with it! Now my main concern is the car is reaching 230 celcius temp and I have a huge AL rad. How can I wire the fan directly on High speed to see if the Overheating will stop? Please let me know if there is a thread about it. Thanks!

lutter94

Reaction score
Thats 446 degrees F. It hasn't melted into a liquid puddle of metal yet??? lmao. Your number has to be in F

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Sorry Lutter94 you are right it has to be F, now any one has done and electric fan upgrade to our 94? what is the biggest one I can use? I measure the stock one and it is around 16", I can go may be 1" or 2" max because of the reservoir bottle and the ABS module. I may be wrong but I might need the module near the rad, any one has a used one kicking around (I can not get it new from ford anymore)?
1 more question any one wknow how many CFM pulls the stock fan?

RichV

Reaction score
I hot wired my fan in HI through the CCRM. It's easy to do, just cut the light blue/green wire and short it to ground. I did it at the last race because the fan wasn't turning on. I'm going to wire it to a switch on the dash eventually.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
that sounds easy, now that will be running on hi as soon as I turn the key on or with the T-stat?

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Here is a link to one of the Dyno pulls

[video]http://vid1152.photobucket.com/albums/p495/bikerman2000/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.20EA0240-73FC-4C2F-8192-10A73841FA0A_zps9pylwvur.mp4[/video]

RichV

Reaction score
that sounds easy, now that will be running on hi as soon as I turn the key on or with the T-stat?

I have mine shorted straight to ground ATM. And it just starts the fan at HI speed when I hit the key. Planning on just running the wire through a switch on my dash.

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Don't change out the fan, it's much more powerful than the aftermarket fans out there. You can diagnose the fan by switching the AC on, it'll kick it into high speed. The CCRM is known for going bad in these and so is the factory fan connector so that's also something to look into. Have you done a coolant pressure test? You might have a blown head gasket. Is it pressurizing the coolant system at all?

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Don't change out the fan, it's much more powerful than the aftermarket fans out there. You can diagnose the fan by switching the AC on, it'll kick it into high speed. The CCRM is known for going bad in these and so is the factory fan connector so that's also something to look into. Have you done a coolant pressure test? You might have a blown head gasket. Is it pressurizing the coolant system at all?
No I haven't done the coolant test. I will do that

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Hey guys I did the ground wire #17 with a toggle switch but it didn't work for me, when I hit the switch to on position with the car key on run position or car running it doesn't kick the fan on but when I hit the AC on max it eill kick in, what could be the issue here? Should I just run a relay to the fan then?? The season is going to be over and I really want to enjoy my car upgrades for the rest of what is left

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I just ran the high speed fan wire to a relay and put a switch in the console. Works fine, but I want to replace my CCRM and make it work as original.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Is that the #17 wire from CCRM? I already have the toggle switch in the console, just need to find out why is not working or should I just buy the relay but I don't know what wire to connected to? I wanted to get the CCRM but dealer doesn't have it anymore.

I just ran the high speed fan wire to a relay and put a switch in the console. Works fine, but I want to replace my CCRM and make it work as original.

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Is that the #17 wire from CCRM? I already have the toggle switch in the console, just need to find out why is not working or should I just buy the relay but I don't know what wire to connected to? I wanted to get the CCRM but dealer doesn't have it anymore.

No, I just cut the wire coming out of the fan and gave it 12V

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online