My swap from 94 V6 to GT update

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
I ordered through summit Racing but it came with the bell housing, I am not happy the way this quick time align my clutch cable, it is off in an angle since the original clutch fork is longer than the new quick time bell housing.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Guys, need your experience with manual tranny I found a shorter trowout arm but when I remove my tranny to change it I found that the collar bushing was hitting the clutch, I had to grind the end to remove the bearing. My question is Can I cut around 1/4" out of it? Or is it a shorter collar bushing from an existing mustang?

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
image_zpshrqkp781.jpg

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
You can see the are where the collar bushing was touching the disc

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
it is the 6060 the T5 is from the V6 engine 1994, Thanks, but I had to remove the tranny again and took out of the sleeve around 7 mm, I put back everything and started the car did some shifting while on the hoist and it seems to be ok. Tomorrow I will try to get the timming gun and try to fix the Fuse problem which I don't get power in the front 10 amp red fuse on the engine bay fuse box.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
IMG_5128_zpso9uluufn.jpg

Here is after the machining and with the "new" clutch arm from an older model 1993 and down, this fixed my clutch cable issue which was not straight! not anymore so far, once I start to drive the car I will see if I have any issues I will swap to a Hydraulic kit.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
this is how the muffler tail looks like, I try my best to be the same on both sides but when you are working by yourself it is really hard.

IMG_5138_zpsg29xsp2v.jpg

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
I still a lot of work to do still need to get the carpet out to clean the salt underneath from PO and I will do all the stereo wiring while I have it out of the car. I will get some more pictures tomorrow and may be a video after I tune her up! I will keep you posted!

Magic

Reaction score
it is the 6060 the T5 is from the V6 engine 1994, Thanks, but I had to remove the tranny again and took out of the sleeve around 7 mm, I put back everything and started the car did some shifting while on the hoist and it seems to be ok.

The depth of that Quick time RM-6060 bellhousing is a touch under 7inches (foxbody depth). The 94-95 (and 94 up V6 T5) bellhousing is over 7 inches, hence the longer input shaft on the 94+ T5s. Thats why you had a problem with the input shaft retainer and the disc.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
I am changing the fuel pump so far is good except for the fuse issue I have that I am not getting any power on the gauges (water temp, oil, CEL, ) etc...

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Well Guys I just finished with my fuel tank and put new fuel pump, I also found the problem on my dashboard, it was 2 fuses blown that explain why I didn't get any juice pn the RPM, Water gauge, oil temp gauges. I was having an idle issue but I think it was because of the EGR tube to the headers so I plug it for now (maybe Iwill delete the EGR and the smog pump) not sure about it but ... I don't want to have any issues with my PCM or a light on my dash. Here is a picture of the old tank and the new to me (used) but much better than my old one. as soon as I cup the erg pipe the car idles right away, so may be tomorrow or the latest saturday I will be done with the engine.then I will jump to take the carpet out install all the stereo wires under the carpet and new stereo with the speakers. I also saw a salt on the main wires along the drivers side.
IMG_5231_zps4kazci7t.jpg
IMG_5246_zpss7a2rpnf.jpg

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Guys need help, I finished all the work and can not get my car to run properly, I got the timming at 10 degreed advance and the rpm around 890 but when I start to go on 1st and 2nd gear and I give it gas, it has a popping coming from the intake and the car doesn't go like it suppose to go. I have to let go the foot a bit them it will get going but like
lacking of power, then I go to 3rd and 4 or 5th gear and it will reach 120 but still lack of power

please help, I already checked my wires and the firing order is 13726548 I also play advancing +12 or +14 but the same thing,
i have long tube headers used with bbk cats, could be the cats are plugged? but will do the popping ? Thanks for any input, i will start to double check the lash on the valve again also compression test and take it from there but if anybody had this problem before please let me know what it was the solution.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
[video]http://vid1152.photobucket.com/albums/p495/bikerman2000/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.6F6D9B16-7A20-48BB-9C0B-5D9B5DD31344_zpsaebjndue.mp4[/video]

ok guys had been a while trying to get everything done on the Car, i am almost done, the only part needs to be done is the Dyno which is going to be at the end of August. I just took my cell this morning and try to make a clip while driving so you can enjoy the nice sound of Her!! Enjoy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online