My swap from 94 V6 to GT update

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Guys,
I want to share with you some pictures of my V6 to GT swap: First thing I did, New winshield

IMG_0006_zps36a98c3e.jpg

IMG_0012_zps27d3b38a.jpg

Here is the old V6 engine
image_zpsd1db0c95.jpg

This one is replacing my heather core, that was really not fun at all!

image_zps85a5112a.jpg

IMG_3463_zpsc9f6c56e.jpg

This one having a little break in between JEJEJE!

image_zps4e1328d1.jpg

Here is the Bare block from the machine shop

IMG_2841_zpscc1b6c63.jpg

Measuring Pushrod length
IMG_2997_zps13b22652.jpg

At the same time building the engine, later on Motor V6 out of the car

IMG_4506_zpsa319cd6b.jpg

IMG_4505_zps2c0bf2b0.jpg

PO spray a lot of oil undercarriage so car has no rust at all on the front so far, I see some in the back by the fuel tank.

IMG_1702_zpsc0619ed2.jpg

Engine Bay after some power washing and degreaser

IMG_1706_zpsc353d035.jpg

Took some advantage of the fenders out and spray some primer and Rubber compound on the inner fender on both sides

IMG_1704_zps1f504473.jpg

IMG_1727_zpse7102293.jpg
IMG_1730_zpsd31dfa6b.jpg

Quick Time bellhousing but not too happy about it! I don't like the way the clutch cable sits after it went through it before it goes on the forks, it is in a bit of an angle.
IMG_4540_zps0ed0c07e.jpg

Rear end is done with posi and royal purple fluid!

IMG_3429_zps87362204.jpg

and this is how it is sitting her now inside the garage, already with my AL Radiator Fluydine, I need to know where are the places the ground wires are on the GT so I can add whatever is missing from my old set up.

image_zps9044f2ff.jpg

Enjoy!

95opal

Reaction score
nice build, did you clearance the starter hole in the scattershield before you installed it? If not better go back and do it or you will have issues with the starter binding on the flywheel.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
No I didn't do anything to it, just installed it, don't tell me that, I just finished connecting the wires to it 2 days ago! What do I have to clear in the scattershield? Why would this bind on the flywheel?

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
I got my wheels today, I missed the delivery 3 times since they only came when I was at work. So I went today and had to wait in line more than 1 hour, that place was full of people claiming their packages LOL! Well I got them! Tomorrow I will see if I can open them and take a picture of one of them.

clflorida

Reaction score
Did you vacuum all the glass out after you put in the new windshield? Its kinda obvious but why not make sure to ask.

95opal

Reaction score
No I didn't do anything to it, just installed it, don't tell me that, I just finished connecting the wires to it 2 days ago! What do I have to clear in the scattershield? Why would this bind on the flywheel?

The scattershield has a little extra meet around the starter hole that should be ground off and the bellhousing should also be indexed. I just went threw this a couple of weeks ago with mine. Heres a link to prepping the bell and shield, some of the stuff in the link checked out ok with my set up but the starter hole was off by a tad. Even when I indexed the bellhousing it was in spec but Ive had guys I know have to run offset dowels. I would just check it out to be certain.

[video=youtube;NJJGaEnkQ1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJJGaEnkQ1g[/video]

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
So that explain why I had hard time to go in the first time I was installing it, I didn't try the starter on the scattershield before and also I didn't compare with the OEM one, so that means I have to bring down my tranny? Holly cows those guys at Quick time really don't know what they are doing, they are the one suppose to be doing all this grinding not us!!

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Did you vacuum all the glass out after you put in the new windshield? Its kinda obvious but why not make sure to ask.
No I didn't have to Vacuum any glass, it wasn't broken I just like to put new windshield when I buy my cars.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Thanks! Guys I need to get the Hose that goes on the Cai fitting on the picture below, is this going to the Valve cover oil cap filler neck breather?
image_zpse9f1bc63.jpg

Also some vacuum hose need to be done, I don't know where this could go, it is the 2 hoses coming from the pass side canister and then join as one hose and only one comes out after the shock tower behind the head light, any one can tell me where this will go? is it going to the Intake? it is part # 9B337 on the picture but on the official ford parts says it is a fuel line when I enter this part number. Please help, I am lost. Thanks for the reply in advance!

image_zps76f8c15d.jpg

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
I was thinking instead of taking the whole tranny down again can I just take the starter put and grind the scattershield there? My only worry would be all the dirt can go inside the clutch, what do you guys think, better bringing it down or I should do it in there?

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Quick time bellhousings are made with a much higher quality than most others. If the starter went in and was flush, should should be fine. Grinding for the sake of grinding is fruitless, make sure you need to first. My quicktime went together with absolutely no issues at all. Everything was straight and perfect. just an fyi.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Thanks that's a relief!! Yes my starter went nice and it is flush at this point. So I will get ready to get my first crank this weekend, I will try to do a video of it and see what happen. I need one more hose from the vapor canister on the pass side that I don't know where this goes, can you please help on this one?

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all and Happy New year 2015! I just finished hooking up all of the wires and hoses, I went under to hook up the mufflers just enough not to br to loud jejeje, Here is my first crank after my built, I think it sounds ok. The only thing is the gauges are not moving, I check the red fuse 10 amp in the engine fuse box and I don't get any juice there, I change the fuse and still noting, I noticed the clip where the fuse hooked is not visible like the other ones. Does anybody knows if this is the one for the cluster? maybe the ignition switch has to be on to get power in there?

[video]http://vid1152.photobucket.com/albums/p495/bikerman2000/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.F0E0CBE5-ED63-46A4-90DC-A106E84DF002_zpsrvqsjyay.mp4[/video]

Here is a short video

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
image_zps6f778628.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is the rear end already on the car, The green calipers was painted from PO, I had to buy new ABS sensor for both sides since I couldn't get them out of the old rear end. shut they were expensive! almost 400 both

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
image_zps6f287e59.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here I took off all the pads and rotors and I also will change the shocks front and rear. Rims are home waiting for the 315 rear tires in the back and 245 in the front.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Guys I need to know why I am not getting any juice in my gauges, no RPM, No OIL PSI, No Water temp. I do get lights on the dashboard but the 10 amp fuse (the red one on the fuse box) when I tested for ground I don't get anything. before I had my V6 fuse box it was perfect then I decided to change the fuse box for the 5.0 GT one from the junker and now I had this problem plus also I took all my dash out to swap the heather core unless I did plug something on the wrong connector or I did missed a plug in there. Any ideas where can I start troubleshooting this?
The car start and run without any issues, I do have to set my timing since it will run with my foot on the pedal if not it will die but that is last no big deal, I think HEHEHEHE

gnx547

Reaction score
Aviator Guy, where did you buy your Quick Time scattershield at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online