My Terminator Cobra Build.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
For those who do not know I recently purchased an 04 Torch Red SVT Terminator Cobra. It does have a few mods but there is still a lot left to do to make it the way I want it. The end goal is a 600+ RWHP street car powered by a VMP Gen3R. The VMP and all the supporting mods for it is a longer term projection so as of now I'll focus more on what's actually done to it from the time I got it and what I'll be doing with it short term before it is put up for the winter ( :mad::mad::mad: )

Current Mods: Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS Bushings. O/R X pipe. Flowmaster exhaust. Diff brace. Pro 5.0 shifter. Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates. K&N cold air kit. Black Chrome FR500's 18x10 and 18x9. Brembo 2000 Cobra R brakes ( 4 piston ). Afco heat exchanger expansion take. Afco Radiator expansion tank. Afco Pro Series heat exchanger.

List of what I have bought that is going on soon: Borla Stinger catback system. Billetflow 4 piece idler set. Toyo R888R's ( 305/35/18). Current tires R888's are old with a manufacture date of 2014 and are dry rotted and worn out. Without even pushing a lot of power it does not like to hook at all due to this.

Near Future mods that are planned before winter. JLT Ram air intake, SCT BA 3000 MAF. Billetflow 2.76 supercharger pulley. New Dyno tune.

I'll update with other mods as I get them over the winter months for plans for next year. IMG_7526.jpg IMG_7523.jpg IMG_7534.jpg IMG_7532.jpg IMG_7464.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks. I really like the FR500's especially in black chrome like these ones. The car has a few imperfections paint wise but I'll be addressing all of that at a later time

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
The idler pulley set and snub idler arrived. These won't be going on until I get the 2.76 pulley on which I'm ordering this coming week. The 2.76 with this idler kit retains the stock belt so I don't have to use a different size one for only a short time. IMG_7565.jpg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was seriously considering the FR500’s, but in grey. Thinking it’d be nice to break up the new all-too-common fully blacked out look

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OMG! They’re obscene! Too cool. What size are they?

joe65

Reaction score
that's a good looking tire too!

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
305/35/18's. Wanted to keep the current 315 width it has now but the 315's are sold out everywhere and on back order until who knows when. Really not much difference with a 305/315 anyway. The tires are going on this morning. Hard finding a shop around here that will not screw your wheels up when installing low profile tires

New Borla exhaust with the Bassani catted X pipe were installed yesterday, my god what a massive difference from the American Thunder crapmasters and absolutely horrid mid pipe that was on it before. Poor engine was being choked to death. I'm working on a video now of the difference between the two systems. One of those things when pics do not tell the story so I'll post the video once I have it uploaded to youtube next week.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
305/35/18's. Wanted to keep the current 315 width it has now but the 315's are sold out everywhere and on back order until who knows when. Really not much difference with a 305/315 anyway. The tires are going on this morning. Hard finding a shop around here that will not screw your wheels up when installing low profile tires

New Borla exhaust with the Bassani catted X pipe were installed yesterday, my god what a massive difference from the American Thunder crapmasters and absolutely horrid mid pipe that was on it before. Poor engine was being choked to death. I'm working on a video now of the difference between the two systems. One of those things when pics do not tell the story so I'll post the video once I have it uploaded to youtube next week.

In all of Louisville we only have one store with a truly touch less machine that can do my tires on my black chrome without leaving marks. They also do what’s called a “perfect balance” with all weights out of sight.

Amazes me in this day and age that all shops aren’t properly set up as all cars come with low profile now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
yeah shocks me that there are not more places with the right equipment to do this with as many low profile tires used on such a wide variety of cars now. Shocks me that the Ford dealerships do not specialize in this after selling GT350's an GT500's. I went to a place that's actually for powder coating, they do a lot of wheels so they have a nice machine there.

IMG_7613.jpg IMG_7611.jpg IMG_7612.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah shocks me that there are not more places with the right equipment to do this with as many low profile tires used on such a wide variety of cars now. Shocks me that the Ford dealerships do not specialize in this after selling GT350's an GT500's. I went to a place that's actually for powder coating, they do a lot of wheels so they have a nice machine there.

View attachment 6292 View attachment 6293 View attachment 6294

Those look so sexy up under there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Definitely an awesome looking tire. I'll test them out more next week when I have more time off from work but I'll prob bring it to work on sunday as long as the roads are dry after tomorrows rain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online