OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Amazing build, well done.

I added you to the gallery [MENTION=20381]Vortecd4v[/MENTION]
http://www.sn95forums.com/content.php?36-photo-gallery
Thanks I was checking that out. Glad to be apart of it.

This build thread is awesome!!

Thank you

Really enjoyed reading through this, that car has come a long way, nice work

Thanks. Its been a a lot of blood sweat tears and beers lol!

Awesome work. Car looks wild!

Thanks. Its rowdy lol!

I follow you on instagram. Sick build man! I want those amber corners haha

Thanks, haha everybody wants them. I use to get them from a vendor on eBay but he no longer gets them.

I like drift sn95s but the guys seem to come and go. Please stay around.
No worries I'm in it for the long haul lol!

awesome thread, can you share more info on the dual caliper setup. interested in mocking one up in the future for my drift build
I will when I get a chance. My setup is different compared to the other ones people have made. Simpler I guess is a good way to put it.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
So continuing from last night i took off the bumper and come to find the bash bar got bent in under the quarter panel.

And when we got the car loaded after the incident

Now for the part everybody has been asking for, Videos! lol! I didnt take these and these were all cell phone shot videos so they are short and the quality isnt great but you can hear the car nice and clear and see how it does. Enjoy!

Hairpin turn out of the staging lanes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VLaZEr39G4

Sweeper and back corner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BZhEjwM8o0

Sweeper shallowed up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSaaTxGLaCI

And where i sheared the studs off and lost the wheel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE0gOuhjuFE

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Got my ARP studs and Ford Racing open end lug nuts today.

Got them installed as well today. Knocked out the moroso studs on the other side and replaced them with ARP's as well.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Took my car out to a car show on sunday. It was nice to drive it. Also took it with no rear bumper since i havent fixed it yet. Gave people a chance to check out what was going on back there lol!

Sinned83

Reaction score
Sweet build. Love me some 4v power. How about some more info on the super duty

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Sweet build. Love me some 4v power. How about some more info on the super duty
Thanks. The Super duty is my buddies, its a badass ride. No major mods though. I would like to upgrade from my expedition to one some day.

Great work. I love the tube frame front and rear. I really like the rear mount radiator. Sweet set up, sir. Keep it up.
Thanks man, its was a long project but well worth it.

Ballistic

Reaction score
Amazing thread/build! Love your truck too :) Mustang + Super Duty = best combo :D

ProKiller

Reaction score
fantastic build. really interesting to see the rear mounted rad. how is the temps at idle? is the stock water pump have enough push to traverse that distance? i would be a little concerned about the hot air from the rad venting right onto the fuel cell or do you have that side ducted as well?

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Amazing thread/build! Love your truck too :) Mustang + Super Duty = best combo :D
Thanks, i wish it was my truck. I have an expedition right now that i use but when my buddy wants to go he brings out his superduty.

fantastic build. really interesting to see the rear mounted rad. how is the temps at idle? is the stock water pump have enough push to traverse that distance? i would be a little concerned about the hot air from the rad venting right onto the fuel cell or do you have that side ducted as well?
The temps are great, the numbers are the same as when it was in the front. On the hottest day i took it out to the track it had got up to 214* after a hard course run but would come right back down to 204*-206* when i would get right back in line in the pit lanes and was idling. Next run the same so that is the hottest its gotten on the hottest day which was 101F that day so the black top was even more. On a normal day is stays around 190*-204* and on the cool days the highest it got after a hard course run was 188*. But ducting and venting are a big key as well.

Bleeding it should have been tricky as well but i already read into how to do it so it was easy when i did it. Stock ford oem water pump as well. This system holds about 5-6 gallons where the normal rad setup mustang usually hold 2-3. I also dont run a thermostat, i just let it warm up before i run. Its been great so far and it has long past the test of working and functioning properly.

As for the heat exiting out the back on the fuel cell, i had built an insulated box for the fuel cell and also have tested that and it works perfect. The hot air from the radiator goes around it obviously, the outside of the box gets hot but when you touch the fuel cell its room temp. The hot air basically has exits through the decklid top and back, and also under out the back. Heres a few pix so you can see for yourself.

This is under the car, all the fuel line is insulated as well.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
how bad was the damage from loosing the wheel?

Not too bad, bumper took some damage and needs minor work. The sway bar got a little flat spot and the bash bar got bent a little as well.

ProKiller

Reaction score
very cool setup. pun intended. have you weighed the car?

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Its been a minute. Been busy with life stuff in general and holidays but im back at it. Addressing my my tire rubbing issues on the front sway bar i came across last track event. I was donated a cracked kenny brown front sway bar which i welded up the crack and plated it on both sides.

The angle i have now without rubbing the sway bar, These are 18x10s with 255's. Gonna be running a 18x9 with 245's.

I also modified a chin spoiler for my front bumper this weekend

What do you guys think? Im happy with how it came out. Looks way better in person though.

And also put my rear bumper back on :)

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I f!cking love this car! That steering angle is incredible. And I can't get enough of that rear mount radiator. Sh!t looks good, son. I dig it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.