My Vortech powered 4v 98 GT Drift mustang build thread

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
I f!cking love this car! That steering angle is incredible. And I can't get enough of that rear mount radiator. Sh!t looks good, son. I dig it.

Thank you! Its been along road with this project and its still going lol!

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Getting new wheels for the car this year. So i did test fitting some wheels from my Boss's FD car on my car. Dont worry i am not going green lol!

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago i noticed my grant steering hub had some play in it. Turns out the hub is bad. So i ordered a new hub and quick release from NRG and a new steering wheel from grip royal. Will be posting pix when they come in.

I installed my Hurst handle last week. Having it taller making it easy to grab going from the steering wheel or hand brake to the shifter.

This week i started dismounting my tires from my wheels because i picked up some new wheels for this year.

Picked up STR racing 514 wheels.

The rear

the front

Gonna try to get some more outside in the day light this weekend.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
So i got my NRG hub and quick release along with my new steering wheel from Grip Royal.

Also got around to installing a big brake kit from Fully Torqed Racing on my DD 96 GT for testing purposes to see if im going to put one on the drift car or not and i must it was ridiculous. The stopping power is insane. Puts the cobra brakes to shame. Even feels better than the cobra R brembo kit ive driven before. Only thing that is an issue is that each rotor is 25lbs. So i will be looking for lighter weight rotors when i do eventually install this kit on the 98 as well.
It uses 14 inch GT500 shelby rotors along with S197 GT calipers. The brackets are offered from Fully Torqed Racing.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Let me know how you like the wheel. Ive been looking at grip royal. Did you go momo hub + nrg QR then the wheel?

hotmustang95

Reaction score
From one fabricator to the next, amazing build my friend. Btw's I about cried when I saw your old Grant steering wheel. That wheel was the only mod I ever did to my first car, a 1984 Thunderbird, before the engine blew and eventually got towed away from my driveway for not having a tag. Had to make the decision to let the tow company keep it. For years it bothered me that I never went and retrieved my steering wheel. Because of you, now my next mod may just be that same wheel. Mine was silver in the center though. Yours looks much better in black. Will start looking into it.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Been so busy lately with my Formula Drift team prepping for long beach the past month ive been trying to squeeze time on my own car. Its tough and as they say drifting has ruined my life lol!

Finally got some newer pix of the car with the new wheels outside finally.

More wheels so i have plenty for those longer track days

Did some alignment as well since ive made some adjustments to the suspension.

And checked clearance at full lock ;)

Also installed some new goodies from Carbon Driven.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
This was a awesome build to come back to the forum too . Great job and killer fab work man . That turning angle is insane . I've always said I wanna build a sn95 drift car

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This build is awesome!!! I've seen others try and do what you've done and they always failed. You have built a beast and I like the fact that you truly are competing in the drift world.

Only question I have is do the import guys hate gettin beat by a drift'stang?!? Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Took the car to fab fords this past weekend. Had a fun time and people loved the car and the loudness lol. It is louder as well reason being i had modified the exhaust to clear my torque arm and avoid getting stuck on the trailer which happened a week ago but i decided to go with a 2 to 1 y pipe for more clearance. But no mufflers, just straight pipe.

BrettNorton

Reaction score
Dude. This build is Bad. Ass.

I know you welded up the spider gears, but do ya mind if I ask what else you've done to the rear end? What about your torque boxes? I want to think that both need some pretty good strength and support considering the kind of drifting you're doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online