My Vortech powered 4v 98 GT Drift mustang build thread

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
I google overfenders. I went to extreme dimensions website and looked at THOSE overfenders. And I still have no idea what they are.

That's a lie. I know what they are. And I see the use in a widebody application, or maybe if you want to cover some damage. But what use or benefit do rear overfenders provide if not being used as a widebody kit? Wouldn't a good ole roll'n'pull or some flares do the same thing?

Or am I missing the point, entirely?

Being able to replace a quarter fender by unbolting it off and slapping a new one on should you smash it or somebody run into you. Your regular quarters can't be fix properly without cutting out the old one and welding a new one plus body work and paint etc. These are also lighter in weight not that makes a huge difference. For drifting its better because if you push hard shit happens even with other drivers tandeming. I'll post some pictures in a few so you get the point lol!

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Easy replacement is what I was thinking. Sometimes a wall kiss becomes more of a smash your rear quarter panel into a jersey barrier... kiss.

But given that the name of the product is overfenders, I figured the factory metal is still underneath. It sounds like you are using them like prerunners use fiberglass bedsides.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Easy replacement is what I was thinking. Sometimes a wall kiss becomes more of a smash your rear quarter panel into a jersey barrier... kiss.

But given that the name of the product is overfenders, I figured the factory metal is still underneath. It sounds like you are using them like prerunners use fiberglass bedsides.

It can be done either way. Some guys leave the metal underneath and some dont. Im gonna cut it out.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Changed out the belt finally after 3 years of abusive driving.

And installed some much needed and stronger Whiteline endlinks on my front sway bar.

Doodler

Reaction score
holy shit! No pussy-footing around with this build! nice car

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Its been awhile. I had a short trip too the track that ended with a spindle/knuckle breaking so while those are out getting built i started on my widebody fenders. This fitment isnt too bad im playing with it as i get each piece on one section at a time. But its looks better than i was imagining and should clean up the mexipoke on the front lol. Just need to be painted/wrapped next. Then i still have to do the rears.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
So my last trip to the track was cut short. Ive assesed the damages and getting everything fixed/replaced now.

The knuckle/spindle broke which lead to a few things.

Bent outer tierod hiem bent

And bent my Bilstien

The knuckles/spindles werent done right and when i broke one at irwindale last year they were supposed to be redone and they werent done properly by the guy who originally did them.

Now that im working with a suspension company and on a Formula Drift team our crew chief/fabricator/engineer(Bink Industries) stepped up and wanted to build them for me to get me back on the track sooner.
Here is what he did for me and they look great! These will hold up to the abusive driving and focres that comes in drifting. Super excited about these.

As for the rest of the stuff. The hiems are easy fix. The bilstien has been straightened by one of the shops we use to fix bent shafts. Gonna give it an extra touch from my fab guy around the base where it is bent just incase the chances it may have weakened. Then im rebuilding them and revavling them as well.

Using those for now until we have some of these ready for my chassis soon, these pictured are S197 Feal 441 coiovers. Soon to have some for the sn95 chassis later this year.

alex302

Reaction score
those Feal 441 look like the BC setup and i know they have BC's for sn95

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
Fresh from Bink Industries my Bilsteins. The one bent one i got straightened and then he welded both up real nice. Gonna finish up revalving/servicing these and reassemble them to go back in the car this weekend.

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
In the process of putting the front end back together tonight. Made some changes and adjustments for the better. Im beginning to see how much fun the setup is going to be i cant wait!

OP
OP
Vortecd4v

Vortecd4v

Reaction score
So its been awhile since ive last updated my thread, well happy to say progress was made, the car works great and it didnt break lol! Went to irwindale last thursday and here it is video and pictures. Enjoy!
[video=youtube;Ab4lh22LYXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab4lh22LYXo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Was able to go to the first page and read up finally. Sweeet 4v swap build! Drive'n the car hard as it should be! Nice pics&vids man!

cameron57

Reaction score
Looks sick!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online