my weekend ???

identity_Crisis

Reaction score
well it was an interesting one got the car all ready running driveing car Had loads of power was kinda retarted
and then the knocking began and got worse and worse and worse so this is how i spent my sunday/fathers day
spun a bearing int he bottem end so now the single port goes bye bye and say hello to a splitport Swap
we had the engine out in a few hours and pulled apart to see the problem
436832_610_full.jpg

436832_607_full.jpg

436832_611_full.jpg

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
Congrats on the split port swap. Are you piecing together the swap yourself or through RPM, SuperSix or who?

97six

Reaction score
where did you get that intake manifold?

good progress from just a couple of days

OP
OP
I

identity_Crisis

Reaction score
it is its a ford windstar upper intake
just have to Fab up some new IC piping for the procharger and get my solid motor mounts back from the shop and figure out the Egr Delete and im good to go

97six

Reaction score
what year windstar is that off of?
dang that doesnt fit single ports, that means i have to do a spit-port swap to get that intake.
to me that intake kicks@$$.

97six

Reaction score
what happened to the windstar intake?
but as snakebit said making good progress, are you doing this all by yourself?

OP
OP
I

identity_Crisis

Reaction score
i am awaiting on a 45* bend from the TB to the IC piping for the blower until that comes in and we figure out the piping issues i will be running the stock split port upper
ive got a dyno run the 7th of july but i wana put some milage on it befor hand with the stock intake
also for the most part i am doing it by my self my GF helped when i pulled the motor and when i was puttin the new block back together
but for the most parts its all me
i work on average 45HR a week and well in one week and 2days i have the old engine out the engine bay/trans and drive shaft tunnel and floor painted
new motor put together and in the car
a few hours to go and she should fire up no problem

97six

Reaction score
oh ok. are you goin to paint any of the intake, intake piping. or any other parts? you are one fast worker. hope the engine turns over, and that everything goes good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online