Nacho is making a return to Mustangland

Nacho98

Reaction score
So after a bit more than a year and close to 17,000 miles with my Jetta - which is a great car and has served me well - I've decided to get back into something more my style. So after thinking about it for a long time, I pulled the trigger the other night and went into my dealer and ordered:

-2014 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
-Sterling Gray
-Black/Cashmere 401A Interior Upgrade
-Automatic (too many people having problems with the MT-82 plus sitting in traffic 5 days a week with a clutch sucks, been there done that and over it)
-Brembo Package
-Comfort Package
-Shaker Pro Audio

I got the car for invoice minus rebates minus a $750 private cash coupon from a brochure (which will expire before the car comes in but the dealer locked it in) and current rebates are $3500. So as it sits I'm getting a special ordered car for $6900 off, and if the rebates go up at the time of delivery I get those so I could still score more money off. Also for my trade they gave me high KBB trade value for it for the mileage that was on it when I had them look at it (16,800) and they said they would lock that in as long as I stayed under 20,000 miles before the car comes in, so by that time I'll be getting more than high trade value on the car as well, and they locked that in, put it in writing under conditions of sale on the purchase agreement, and signed off on it.

I'm really excited, should be an April pickup which will be perfect for spring (hopefully). The only option I've waffled on was the glass roof but I opted against it because $2k is ridiculous when you can get an SUV with a panoramic roof that is larger - and opens - for half the cost or less.

All in all really happy with this choice and I can't wait to get one of these! The 2015 just doesn't do it for me and I just got promoted and the stars seemed to align, and orders for 2014 tentatively cease on 3/28, so just in the nick of time to get the last (and best IMO) of the S197 cars. Can't wait!

RichV

Reaction score
F***er. :), I'm jelly.

The automatic looses the man-card a little but it's a sweet ride.

I recently got a 05 GT, can't wait to track it in a few weeks. The chassis is awesome, yours with the Brembo setup and +100HP should be a handling machine.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Nacho macho! Welcome back buddy. Sic fukkin car but I agree with Rich, shoulda got a manual. I daily mine and it's a manual :) Anyrate tho make sure you post mad pics. I love coyotes!

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Nice! I know if I buy a 2011+ its gota be an automatic!
Auto +150shot with drag radials = a 10 sec capable car :).

Goldmember

Reaction score
Welcome back. Was wondering how your trip into VW land was working out. Now I know.

I would have to agree with the automatic on the new 5.0's, this coming from a diehard three-pedal guy. They shift so damn quick that it's a wash between auto and 6-speed more often than not.

You know the rules, pictures are mandatory, hope the wait isn't too rough on you :)

OP
OP
N

Nacho98

Reaction score
Thanks guys, will post pics when it's in! 1 week of waiting down, I got my DORA yesterday (basically just Ford acknowledging that they received the order). My sales guy said his rep told him they would start the production process late this week/early next week, which I take to mean just starting the scheduling for it.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
F***er. :), I'm jelly.

The automatic looses the man-card a little but it's a sweet ride.

I recently got a 05 GT, can't wait to track it in a few weeks. The chassis is awesome, yours with the Brembo setup and +100HP should be a handling machine.

Pshhh drive one and you'll think otherwise

Nacho macho! Welcome back buddy. Sic fukkin car but I agree with Rich, shoulda got a manual. I daily mine and it's a manual :) Anyrate tho make sure you post mad pics. I love coyotes!

Pshhhhh read ^^

Nice! I know if I buy a 2011+ its gota be an automatic!
Auto +150shot with drag radials = a 10 sec capable car :).

Agreed i love the 11 5.0 we have with the auto

Welcome back. Was wondering how your trip into VW land was working out. Now I know.

I would have to agree with the automatic on the new 5.0's, this coming from a diehard three-pedal guy. They shift so damn quick that it's a wash between auto and 6-speed more often than not.

You know the rules, pictures are mandatory, hope the wait isn't too rough on you :)

agreed the auto is a bad ass car

good purchase OP!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Pshhh drive one and you'll think otherwise

Pshhhhh read ^^

Agreed i love the 11 5.0 we have with the auto

agreed the auto is a bad ass car

good purchase OP!

Pshhhh you foo what did I miss?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Obviously you've never driven the new 5.0 with an Auto.

20140202_153848.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nacho98

Reaction score
Yeah there are just WAY too many people having problems with the MT82, and I've heard of not one single issue with the auto, so that was the nail in the coffin. The MT82 is still the same one from 2011 and all Ford has done is add some additive that should help with the crappy shifting but seems to not, so I was like meh, not interested in dealing with that on a brand new car. Too many people one week into ownership with the cars back at the dealer for the tranny.

Can't wait though!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah there are just WAY too many people having problems with the MT82, and I've heard of not one single issue with the auto, so that was the nail in the coffin. The MT82 is still the same one from 2011 and all Ford has done is add some additive that should help with the crappy shifting but seems to not, so I was like meh, not interested in dealing with that on a brand new car. Too many people one week into ownership with the cars back at the dealer for the tranny.

Can't wait though!

You'll love it man. I love ours. Such a nice street able car but open it up and it screams. I walked from my friends Cayman S and he has a full header back exhaust and tuned so it's not a standard S

9838stang

Reaction score
If i remember right you live in MN right? MPLS if so, if you are looking for a fun car group to hang out with let me know. i have a bunch of friends that are into cars and love for fun weekend car fun.

cant wait to see it!

5litrarag

Reaction score
Nice way to get back in for sure. Unlike everyone else the only thing I'd change is the glass roof. If I were buying new, that'd be a must have item along with the recaros and brembos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online