Narrowed down between 2 clutches

98BlackGT

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 98 gt and my clutch is slipping. Time for a new one. I'm stuck in between the exedy Mach 400 stage 2 or the McLeod super street pro clutch. Anyone have one of these? Reviews?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I highly recommend a RAM HDX. Run it in my 95, great clutch. Decent pedal effort, daily driver friendly, no chatter. Quick shifting is great with it. Don't get the Exedy stage two.. My buddy ran it in his 02 GT, took it out within a few months. It was seriously insane how heavy it was to push the pedal in. Whats the reason for a stage two clutch btw? The Ram hdx is rated for 450 hp/ 450 ft lbs. I know its not the one you asked about, but I figured I'd give some input on it.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
FWIW, McLeod makes some of the best clutches on the market. They would get my money before anyone else. It's good to hear first person reviews tho, like Joe's. For all you know I could be full of shit

OP
OP
98BlackGT

98BlackGT

Reaction score
I highly recommend a RAM HDX. Run it in my 95, great clutch. Decent pedal effort, daily driver friendly, no chatter. Quick shifting is great with it. Don't get the Exedy stage two.. My buddy ran it in his 02 GT, took it out within a few months. It was seriously insane how heavy it was to push the pedal in. Whats the reason for a stage two clutch btw? The Ram hdx is rated for 450 hp/ 450 ft lbs. I know its not the one you asked about, but I figured I'd give some input on it.

When I bought the car and had a stage two in it so I'm gonna put a stage to back in it and eventually I plan on going turbo or supercharged so I'll deathly be making at least 450 to the wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
FWIW, McLeod makes some of the best clutches on the market. They would get my money before anyone else. It's good to hear first person reviews tho, like Joe's. For all you know I could be full of shit

Hahahaha i died when I read the last part of your post for some reason

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
When I bought the car and had a stage two in it so I'm gonna put a stage to back in it and eventually I plan on going turbo or supercharged so I'll deathly be making at least 450 to the wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh alrighty that makes sense lol.

alex302

Reaction score
I have a mach 400 and i love it and its holding the add HP from the eaton swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online