neato

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice to see them back. Some big company bought the process and took it off the market for years, they would only do high dollar applications only, no car parts. The problem is you need a custom hook up for what ever you send in, if they have done that part before then the price is lower if not they have to make the holding jig to run the part. Next problem is the machine it self wears out and self destructs from the process itself. Last time I called the machine was broken and big money to fix, but that was years ago.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I guess I had heard the term before but was not sure how it worked. Looks like its both simple and very intense with the pressures involved. Hey it looks like they have the jig to do a gt40 intake now though. Just curious how much it does cost if anyone knows?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The fox body intake I have for sale had this done to it. Guy had about $600 or more in it if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It is only money... When it takes me 40 hour to do a set of heads then you will say the price is cheap. What is nice is the compound works the hardest on restrictions so the porting evens out all the ports to the same flow and that really helps make tuning easier.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you consider the only other way to do it is to cut the intake to do the work inside, then weld it back together. It would take a few hours of work and a good welder. I can only imagine the cost of the machinery needed to do it, cost of the maint to keep it working not to mention the materials from making the mounting jig to the abbrasive suddenly $5-600 to get the numbers it shows doesn't seem so bad.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And unlike so much of the auto HIPO after market lies, lies, lies this really helps and is easy to document the proof. It is one of the few ways to trick out cast iron parts, I would love to do a set of stock iron exhaust manifolds.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is really awesome, but it definitely looks like the part is taking a huge dump

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online