need a big suv

philly101

Reaction score
so i been looking at the 2007 Chevy Tahoe an the 04-08 lincoln navigator. i like the inside more on the lincoln but i think the tahoe will be more reliable. wha do yall think i shoud do. an is there any suv that fit 8

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a 99 suburban and it's a super reliable workhorse. It's got 250k on the clock and until recently it's been trouble free. Just basic maintenance..The issue with the Tahoe is the space behind the rear seat, There isn't any if someone is sitting in the back row. Sure you can put a couple of small bags back there but if you have a bunch of kids or a dog kennel to travel with there just isn't enough room. My knowledge of the 5.3's after 2000 is limited.
2 weeks ago I drove my daughter-in-law and 3 grand kids and dog from Norfolk to ATL in their Expedition. Same issue as a tahoe. It's just to small for big families. Get the Suburban or extended Expedition/Navigator.
Also, there were some issues with the 5.4's in the fords around that year range your looking at. Cam phazers failing.

aces ST

Reaction score
Our family hauler is an 04 excursion. 130k+ miles and still goes strong.
Bought it at 97k in Washington drove it to San Diego towing the mustang (couldn't tell) then from San Diego to North Carolina. Then a trip from NC to NY. Anther trip from NC to Orlando. And then eventually drove it back to SD. Great road trip vehicle (as you can tell) great Costco/SAMs club run vehicle.

aces ST

Reaction score
Op you can also look at an expedition el. It's close in size to my excursion but better suspension and the new ones are running the Ecoboost 6.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online