Need a new T-5 soon?

scootin95gts

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good T-5 tranny?Is the ford heavy duty t-5 for like 1400.00 good? Also how much does a mechanic usually charge to install one

ryclef331

Reaction score
Your car already has what ford calls their "heavy duty" t5. The stock t5 in a 94-95 is a world class. You either replace it with another stocker, fork over the dough for a full tremec setup, or buy a BUILT T5 (G-force or Astroperformance's T5). As for the install, You're going to pay an arm and a leg for something that is VERY easy to do yourself. If you have 2 jackstands and can bench press at least 150lbs (I know 14 year olds that can do that), you can do it your self. Its far from rocket science....

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Your car already has what ford calls their "heavy duty" t5. The stock t5 in a 94-95 is a world class. You either replace it with another stocker, fork over the dough for a full tremec setup, or buy a BUILT T5 (G-force or Astroperformance's T5). As for the install, You're going to pay an arm and a leg for something that is VERY easy to do yourself. If you have 2 jackstands and can bench press at least 150lbs (I know 14 year olds that can do that), you can do it your self. Its far from rocket science....
+1 do it yourself and save a boat load of money!!

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well if what they say our stock t-5's are "Heavy Duty" ford is talkin out their ass cuz i hae heard of these trannys going out all over the place! and also when i do swap it im gonna have to swap the clutch,flywheel and what else.never dont this before

Z28 This

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:

or you can just ride to cj perry shop and have him lift the car up for me haha

94OJGT

Reaction score
i've also heard of people havin tranny problems over the 300rwhp mark on stock t-5's

ryclef331

Reaction score
a stock t5 is rated to handle 300ft-lbs of tq....guess what a stock 5.0 makes....

fatman2k4

Reaction score
So....What kinda of work would be invloved to install a built T-56 into the 5.0 Mustang? I know that there are Mustang kits out there....But...I have yet to look at them....

fatman2k4

Reaction score
Hey, hey, hey!!!!

Don't everyone reply all at once......Take it easy.....

Z28 This

Reaction score
if your going t56 go viper t56...way better than a tremec t56, itll hold a shitload more power

916_5.0

Reaction score
If you were going to do the clutch and fly wheel to its still not very hard. I thought the same thing when i had to do my clutch and flywheel and all that i had never done it before but one you get it out its really not very hard its definatley not worth the price a shop will charge. I did have a couple friends help but these cars arent to hard to do any of that stuff on. You can get it done in a day.