Need a wiring guru!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I have alot of electrical related problems for someone who can confidentially splice 2 wires together but when it comes to figuring out which 2 to splice I'm stumped.
[MENTION=12407]SVTstang96[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] have helped me with some problems and SVT is currently looking into some of the issues for me but I don't like depending on 1 person. I hate wasting peoples time with my problems lol.

Problems:

Windshield wipers don't work- in any function, be it a timed setting or the washer fluid activating the wipers do not turn on, the module makes a clicking noise when you try to turn them on.
Troubleshoots attempted: Checked all related fuses, replaced wiper module. Still makes the clicking noise.

Windshield washer fluid does not flow- the pump worked a few months ago.. Now nothing. No noise is heard when I try to push the button.
Troubleshoots attempted: Checked all related fuses.

Stereo speaker silence: No audio comes out of the speakers, any of them. Power is going to the head unit, and all functions on the head unit work.
Troubleshoots attempted: Checked all related fuses, checked all wires in back of head unit

Power windows a no go: Power windows do not work. I noticed that there is an extra harness in my door panel that does not connect to anything, it's in the lower part of the door.

Power locks are moody: Sometimes only the drivers side works, sometimes only the passenger side works, sometimes both work, sometimes neither.

Interior fuse box: This is more of a stupid question than a problem. I had [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] run out to his car and take some pictures of his fuse boxes for me so I can compare mine to his and see if I am missing any fuses (you know how there are fuse slots that are unused in some cars, ie the convertible top fuse in a coupe) and in his interior fuse box he has fuses in the cover... He didn't want to go back outside in the cold to check it and I don't blame him, but is this for storage of extra fuses or are those actual fuses in use? I am missing the cover for my fuse box and am stumped.. Can't really tell. I'm sure it's just storage but I want to be sure.
His interior fuse box:
ClSTnVm.jpg

Y9prj9h.jpg

Mine:
OUKtF7n.jpg

His engine bay fuse box:
oF4lZrc.jpg

Mine:
jhicmBD.jpg

All this has me stumped... I'm heading out to spend my $25 advanced auto gift card on fuses tomorrow, as I personally hate advanced auto and it's not as close as autozone and I've had this gift card for over a year. Why not spend it on fuses? Lol

Any help would be appreciated.

These are the fuse box diagrams I've been using... I can only assume they are correct.

Engine bay:
xjQpOnX.gif

Interior:
VY58ODb.gif

daltonduree

Reaction score
that doesnt sound like a fuse issue. it sounds like a connector is disconected under the dash somewhere. for it to take out that many things it must be. chase your wires to the speakers and see if you find a splice somewhere if your headunit is good its putting out "sound" but its not getting there. so like i said. chase the wire to one of the speakers and see if you find some brakes. also there are connectors behind out head units.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
that doesnt sound like a fuse issue. it sounds like a connector is disconected under the dash somewhere. for it to take out that many things it must be. chase your wires to the speakers and see if you find a splice somewhere if your headunit is good its putting out "sound" but its not getting there. so like i said. chase the wire to one of the speakers and see if you find some brakes. also there are connectors behind out head units.
I forgot to grab pictures of the connectors I found under my dash.... Not sure whats what I'll see if I can get a few pics right now...

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
If I told you there was 2 connectors that wheren't plugged into anything you'd tell me they have to connect to eachother... Well they don't. So I took these pictures so I don't have to explain in a paragraph what they are. Shitty pictures because night time and cold as balls.

Under driver side dash, right in the corner where the dash and center console meet, pointing towards the foot area. (you can see the wiring and labels on the wires for my stereo behind it)
z6Z3pd9.jpg

Also under driver side dash, infront of dead pedal right next to fuse box, windshield wiper module, and flasher relay, the white connector in the back that you see if the old windshield wiper module, I didn't pull it out yet I just simply hooked up the new one and let it hang.
e4K2Za6.jpg

BOgxBvV.jpg

daltonduree

Reaction score
the first one is the 6ixxer obd2 port. non used. the other one must have something to do with if you have a manual... i wonder if you have a bad module

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
body control module im looking into it now

Okay.. If it's up with the windshield wiper module and all that BS I'm gonna have to freak out.... The wiper module was enough of a PITA to get disconnected.. Idk how I'm going to get it out fully. It's so awkward to get to. lol.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think you may have a bad ignition switch. The one thing in common with all these electronic devices is that they all work when the key is in the accessory or run position.

joekd

Reaction score
You have an aftermarket stereo deck right? What happens if you run a wire directly to the speaker from the out terminals on the back of it?

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I haven't tried hooking a speaker directly to the back of the deck.. I can try that tomorrow..

Everything else goes on as it should when I turn the key (and the cylinder itself is new if that matters). Dash pod clock, head unit, gauges, door chime, cigarette lighters. Etc. Door locks should work all the time regardless of key position, and occasionally they do work with no key in it, they act up whether the keys in or not.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Actually screw it I don't have anything better to do and I have my passenger door speaker laying on my floor, I'll go hook that up to the back of the head unit right now and report back.. That wwon't hurt the speaker right? Not sure how the stereos are set up and if the power is stepped down through and amp or something before reaching the speaker... idk lol

daltonduree

Reaction score
i wonder if you have a burned out board in your fuse box... take your test light and pull the circuit breaker 14. stick it in there genlty and hook the other end to the negative battery terminal. if it doesnt light up your problem is farther up stream than there

RichV

Reaction score
Spend that $25 on a cheap multimeter or test light. Help you troubleshoot some of these things.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Spend that $25 on a cheap multimeter or test light. Help you troubleshoot some of these things.

$25 isn't cheap when there's only $3 in my checking account and I don't make money unless it snows. LOL

Uploading video to youtube now...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online