Need advice for power increase

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Fulleyes, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Fulleyes

Fulleyes New Member

First I would like to say I'm new to all this and very green so please bear with me. I have a 95 gt vert with @ 80,000 or less miles. I would like to increase power a bit. I have been told it is best to go with heads , upper & lower intake
    and cam all at once. I'm not looking for crazy power but would like more than the stock 215 crank hp. I would like advise on what and all parts I would need to accumulate to make a little more power. My car has auto trans and is stock with the exception of 373 gears and a bbk cold air kit. I just had my trans rebuilt can't remember for sure what was done other than it is supposed to be stronger than stock with a stall converter. Sorry I can't explain more about the tranny but as mentioned earlier I'm pretty green and don't understand all of this. I do know the tranny shifts harder than the stock one did. I would appreciate it if you fellas could give my advise on what to do.
    Thank you for all and any help/advise provided.
    Cheers!

2. Musturd

Musturd Legend

I wouldn't even bother cracking open the motor and just get a vortech kit you can easily get 350rwhp out of it and be more then happy

3. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

[MENTION=14656]Musturd[/MENTION] basically hit the nail on the head. HCI can and will RUN 3k plus even if you piece everything together (I'm talking new parts only), plus a tune and labor to install it all. Getting a Vortech will get you the power you want, and more, for probably less money than HCI plus cheaper in labor to install it. But beware, anytime you put boost on a motor, there's always added risks for blowing shit.. But that's not trying to stray you away from a blower, millions of people with mustangs and 5.0s run turbo's, superchargers on stock blocks and do fine with em.

4. Fulleyes

Fulleyes New Member

The stock motor will handle the vortech kit no problem? I know a guy that is putting his low mile vortech kit up for sale , would that be a good way to go? 300 to 350 wheel hp would be plenty of power for me. With that much power will the stock rear end handle it ?
    by the way thanks for the reply.

5. Fulleyes

Fulleyes New Member

The super charger he is going to sell is a complete vortech S trim kit for 94/95 gt with straight cut gears , no play , no nicks , S trim head. He is asking $1800 Canadian for it. Is this fair or should I stay away from used. I don't know the guy personally.
    Thanks for your time.

6. Musturd

Musturd Legend

No no that's reasonable , where abouts in Canada are you ? I'm also in Canada I bought my s trim used . Yea you'll be able to handle it no problem keep it at no more then 10-12lbs to be safe ... You'll want some 42lb injectors a 255lph or 340lph fuel pump and a pro m maf

7. Fulleyes

Fulleyes New Member

Hi Musturd ........ I am about 1 hour east of Toronto!

8. Mac65

Mac65 New Member

I would recommend if you don't already have them is 3.73 gears for a manual T-5 or 4.10's for an automatic transmission. They have a good kick!!!!

9. toyman

toyman Active Member

Don't consider 4:10's boosted with the auto. The 3:73s you have are good.

10. 410sn95

410sn95 Active Member

80k on the stock block... You will be fine with a blower. The 8.8 will handle the increase with ease.

Blower, Supporting mods, Stock long block, etc... you will easily hit your goal with the Vortech provided pulleys.