Need advice on home low/mid rise lifts

PinkieT

Reaction score
Okay, got prices to do the header and exhaust swap on a Mustang. Just too old to try this on jack stands, twice. Since I have to do two, and as a retiree my time is free, I got the wife convinced it is cheaper to buy a low/mid rise lift than to have a shop to it. a two post or four post would be nice, but I have a standard slab and 8' ceiling so those are out of the question. I am looking at a Quick-Jack https://www.costco.com/QuickJack+5,000-LB+Capacity+Portable+Car+Lift+.product.100460313.html or Kwik-Lift https://www.kwik-lift.com/. The Quickjack is portable, runs off AC power, and lifts at the rockers giving full access to the exhaust and drivetrain. The Kwik-lift is a drive-on that uses a floor jack to lift it in place, so very low tech and bulletproof. The disadvantage is that if you want to do brake work you have to get the deluxe model with a bridge so you can use jack stands. Anybody use either one and able to give me pros and cons?
Kwik Lift.jpg quickjack-car-lifts-bl-5000slx-ac-110v-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What are you going for exactly the idea that its easier to get it up, or just to get it up another foot from what the jack stands can do?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
715361d1a9c34bd96cecaada46458177.jpg

3e7ffc0bd35da026c44b952c67df9acd.jpg

Body guys love Kwik Lifts. Easy to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
I know some ppl think it's a durty word around here, but HF has a couple that look pretty good and aren't priced too bad...

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Okay, got prices to do the header and exhaust swap on a Mustang. Just too old to try this on jack stands, twice. Since I have to do two, and as a retiree my time is free, I got the wife convinced it is cheaper to buy a low/mid rise lift than to have a shop to it. a two post or four post would be nice, but I have a standard slab and 8' ceiling so those are out of the question. I am looking at a Quick-Jack https://www.costco.com/QuickJack+5,000-LB+Capacity+Portable+Car+Lift+.product.100460313.html or Kwik-Lift https://www.kwik-lift.com/. The Quickjack is portable, runs off AC power, and lifts at the rockers giving full access to the exhaust and drivetrain. The Kwik-lift is a drive-on that uses a floor jack to lift it in place, so very low tech and bulletproof. The disadvantage is that if you want to do brake work you have to get the deluxe model with a bridge so you can use jack stands. Anybody use either one and able to give me pros and cons?
View attachment 7192 View attachment 7193
You get what you pay for
Those are pretty cheap and cheese
I dont trust being under that type

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it would be nice to get the car up in the air easier but I am not sure the price of it would be worth the little more than a foot it buys me from my jack stands, only to pay the price of having to work around it all now. I know how often the screw/bit/what ever I drop rolls under the jack stand I can only imagine how much time I would spend looking for small parts under it all.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Don't know if this might be something you would consider, but I've seen the YouTube on it and the review was pretty good in it.. like I said earlier I know so.e ppl think that HF is a durty word around here so it is what it is...

https://www.harborfreight.com/6000-lb-capacity-scissor-lift-91315.html
I thought of those, but I don't like the idea that half the weight of the car is concentrated on two little rollers. I have a cheap garage slab and groundhogs used to love to dig underneath. Last thing I need is for the lift to punch through the floor...

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Will it work with an 8' ceiling and a cheap slab?
Yes you can get the car aboit 4 to 5 feet in the air with 8 foot sealing you would need a creeper chair
Plenty of room for that
If you need more info on it let me know

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I thought of those, but I don't like the idea that half the weight of the car is concentrated on two little rollers. I have a cheap garage slab and groundhogs used to love to dig underneath. Last thing I need is for the lift to punch through the floor...
It is possible and easy to pour footers for a lift. And you can rent a concrete saw and hammer drill and do it yourself fairly cheap. I like those small wheel around 2 post lifts. Max Jack I think it's called

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Its not a real bad company
It's the quality of that lift your looking for
Bend pack makes good lifts
You need to make sure of the quality of that one
And safety features

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads