Need advice on what to do!!

96PonyGT

Reaction score
Hey guys! Ive been thinkin of saving up for a blower for my car but im not sure if i want to go that route. I also have 4.10s that i have yet not installed
and i want to make up my mind before hand cuz i know 4.10s are way too steep with a blower. Im just wondering what are some other options for power?
im thinkiin PI intake and some cams, with maybe stayin with my stock npi heads. Im not sure what to do and any help would be great!!
also, Im thinkin of gettin some 17 FRPP Bullit wheels, chrome so hopfully it goes good haha
let me know what ya'll think

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
yea? but if I did that and then decided to supercharge, wouldnt the high compression be too much, i can get a s/c kit for pretty cheap, but im not sure
with a s/c kit on my stock motor what kind of rwhp would i expect to see with say a vortec s trim low level procharger? and which one is better?

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
sorry and another thing, what kind of HP numbers can my stockblock take? id probably do cams and stuff to with the s/c so i dont
want to harm my engine with too much hp

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
okay first off, what are your goals with the car?

If you plan to keep it within your motors limit with building it you won't have to touch the heads. Throw a vortech sq trim, PI Intake, and cams and you should pretty much max out your motor. I'm an auto 1997 GT with a vortech on running 10 lbs and will be at 350rwhp and i haven't even done cams yet. BUT, if you want to keep it N/A i definately agree with the guys and say do the heads!! Hope that helps you out a little.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Do 4.10s and build your suspension so you can get the traction with the blower. Dont be a bitch and do a higher gear..

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
right on, i think ive made up my mind!! throw on a blower, either vortec or procharger, keep the 4.10's then do intake and cams a little later!!
thanks for the help guys, and which supercharger should i get, and which one comes with the most, any of the kits come with intercoolers? im a newb
when it comes to s/c, but i will learn in time

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you want power all around, get a KB. If its out of the vortec or procharger, I'd get the procharger broseph :)

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
yeah, I always wanted a kb, but they are expensive, I love the low end hp and the whine is awsome but we'll see
gotta call a round a price some stuff out lol

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
man, im torn between which one to get, the procharger or vortech, ive heard great things about both but dont want to have to gothrough them both
to learn the lesson myself :dunno:

voidfinger

Reaction score
i'm partial to the V1 S trim from vortec, good base blower and i've never heard of any problems with them. I hope it does good.

Me personaly though, i would get the full pi swap and use the cosmetic gaskets to get the 9:1 cr back and then put the vortec on it. That way you max. flow out and then add the blower, plus i think the larger valves and higher lift cam will really help out ;D good luck dude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.