NEED HELP! 95 5.0 WONT START WITHOUT PEDAL PUSHED TO THE FLOOR

Brando

Reaction score
as the title states, try to start the car, it will hit and act like it is going to start and then nothing. push pedal to the floor, and it will start, and run pig rich, I mean like .67 lambda rich. seems to be a real weak spark coming from the coil, it is yellowish orangish.

new pip and coil, tfi tests good.

40psi fuel pressure on prime and crank. when running there is 35psi with the fpr vacuum hose hooked up, 40-42psi with it unplugged.

tps is good. I can data log and watch the tps volts, and there are no dead spots in the full range of the tps.

tried all I know to look at. any thoughts from you guys?

OP
OP
B

Brando

Reaction score
24lb. Moates quarterhorse. Car is tuned by adam at popsracing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Have you talk to him. . Has it done it the whole time. Have you changed anything since the tune. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

OP
OP
B

Brando

Reaction score
Have talked to him. Problem isnt with the tune. Car was running great when he was done. I havent changed anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

toyman

Reaction score
Starting with the throttle fully open shuts off the injectors. Called "flood clear mode". Seems like something is happening that is causing the engine to flood. Cleaned the MAF sensor recently? Is the problem the same starting cold and hot? Pulled any DTCs? You want to see what the ECU is logging as well.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
My car would do that when my break point was off. Have you logged your maf..

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

Rallim

Reaction score
Starting with the throttle fully open shuts off the injectors. Called "flood clear mode". Seems like something is happening that is causing the engine to flood. Cleaned the MAF sensor recently? Is the problem the same starting cold and hot? Pulled any DTCs? You want to see what the ECU is logging as well.

This.

Agree on a stuck injector or something, tried starting it without the maf plugged in?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online