NEED HELP!! ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT DOESN'T START

Jay Petty

Reaction score
I have a 94 Mustang GT manual that has been out of commission for the last few months. A month or so before it stopped cranking this time it stopped cranking once before due to a bad pickup in the distributor from what I was told. The mechanic fixed and I drove it for about a month before it gave out on me while I was driving. It was driving weird that day, wouldn't accelerate normal, backfired a few times. When I parked it at the store and came back out it wouldn't start. Finally got it to crank then it gave out 2 minutes later while driving. Eventually I got it back to the mechanic from before and he checked everything and said the only other thing it could be is the ECM. Im having an extremely hard time finding one. Any suggestions?? F4ZF-EA is the ECM

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it sounds like it could be just a simple timing issue with backfiring and running bad. I have the ecm from my 94 gt sitting next to me but it does not have the tuning chip in it.

OP
OP
J

Jay Petty

Reaction score
it sounds like it could be just a simple timing issue with backfiring and running bad. I have the ecm from my 94 gt sitting next to me but it does not have the tuning chip in it.
I got the timing chain replaced because that's what we thought the initial problem was

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.