Need help identifying a pair of BBK cats

PinkieT

Reaction score
Just lucked into some BBK cats. Marked BBK, CA/CE 91800, 02/02. 2.5" ID, heat shields are 9" long. Lady I got them from had no info, just wanted them gone. I checked BBK's website and did Google searches, no luck. I left a message for BBK's tech line, but maybe somebody here has some info. My guess is they were cut off a 2002-era catted H or X pipe by the owner's ex. Anybody here have any clues?

Last edited:

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Do they look cut? Or do they appear to be a slip on style? Probably just a "hi-flow" cat

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Cut. They look like what comes on some of the BBK catted X pipes, but the info on the pipes doesn't say much about the cats themselves.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Bbk will probably be able to give you details maybe. I had a 15 minute talk with one of their reps when I was looking for an x pipe. Quality people.

I'd imagine though it's just a basic hi flow cat. Everything still seem to be intact? No rattles?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I put a set of cats on fo someone
They ended up getting them from bbk
I can't remember the p n. But those were a slip on and clamp

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What is your plan with them? By the time you get them welded on (assuming a buddy that is a welder doesn't owe you a favor) I am not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
What is your plan with them? By the time you get them welded on (assuming a buddy that is a welder doesn't owe you a favor) I am not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

Right now I have stock 2.25"exhaust except for Flowmasters the PO had put on using badly welded adapters. I picked up a brand new 2.5" off road X pipe and some nice BBK shorties for cheap a while back, and recently got a used Flowmaster cat back, also cheap. I got these cats for free. :) My plan is to cut the X pipe and weld the cats in myself. That'll give me a complete replacement of my exhaust from manifolds to tailpipe. Total investment will be $250 max.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
HIGH FLOWING converters
that looks like the ones I put on for a friend , he was moving out of state and had to get the car ready to pass emissions
those are a good converters and compact

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
HIGH FLOWING converters
that looks like the ones I put on for a friend , he was moving out of state and had to get the car ready to pass emissions
those are a good converters and compact

Thanks! Good to know. Not bad for free, eh?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Not bad at all. Looks just like the cats u had on my bbk h pipe on my mach. Will drop the volume a little bit but not a huge deal

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
not bad at all , I like free stuff , I do look around and find good deals hear a there
but those actually are a steal

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Not bad at all. Looks just like the cats u had on my bbk h pipe on my mach. Will drop the volume a little bit but not a huge deal

Right now my sound is good with the only things not stock, including the cats, are the mufflers. The cat back I got from a guy who said it was too loud for his daily driver. Once I have the headers, 2.5" pipes, BBK cats, and Flowmaster cat back, it ought to sound even better.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Right now my sound is good with the only things not stock, including the cats, are the mufflers. The cat back I got from a guy who said it was too loud for his daily driver. Once I have the headers, 2.5" pipes, BBK cats, and Flowmaster cat back, it ought to sound even better.
Shorty or long tubes? I have heard long tubes cut volume a bit.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
BBK got back to me. These were on their H pipes back in the early 2000s, so my guess about them being cut off one was right. I figure bad idea to weld them directly in to the pipes in case they are bad and I have to get new ones anyway, so I'll weld on 2.5" ID connectors for now.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
they are still worth ok money at a recycler so don't pitch them.

Already thought of that! Win-win either way. I just looked inside - very clean, and I can a little daylight. I was looking for an excuse to buy a welding table, and now I have one.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you don't have some already you might want to get some fireproof sleeves first for when the sparks are falling down on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online