Need help Identifying certain plugs and wires

Daniel C

Reaction score
Hey, I've owned a 1994 mustang 5.0 swap car, that started out as a v6, swap and most of the mods were done by a previous owner, I originally bought the car around a year and a half ago because the price was good, and it was a good opportunity to own a v8 mustang with lower insurance. The owner before the guy I bought it off of did almost all the work and the previous owner just beat on it and (Sort of) kept it maintained while making big mistakes correcting problems. The car has been running okay for the most part, but does have a lot of small issues, and It's been a great learning experience for me as a car guy. The mod list is as follows

Proform Rocker Arms
Short throw shifter
TB Elbow Adaptor
Ford racing roller lifters
Duralast dual stage clutch
ARP Head bolts
BBK Tuned maf for 24lb Injectors
BBK Cold air intake
24lb injectors
Trick Flow stage 1 cam
GT40P Heads
Longtube headers
Mac mufflers
H pipe
3.73 Gears
Motorvation chip

The plug wires are ran backwards because I can't find any plug wired with a 90 degree to accomodate the lack of space with these heads and headers

What I'd like to know is, What these plugs go to, If I need them, and if so what to do to remedy it.

The car is running rich, Has the common intermittent high idle, hanging revs, and idle surge.
I replaced the IACV a while back and it didn't help, The smog pump(3) has been disconnected but is still there, and the TPS plug has been removed and reconnected (Or replaced) at some point. I'm hoping to find the answer in these mysterious plugs, and all around make the car run better.

The pictures included are numbered to aid with answering.

Thanks,
Daniel

DSC_0199 edit 3_6.JPG DSC_0199 edit 3_5.JPG DSC_0199 edit 3_7.JPG DSC_0199 edit 3_8.JPG DSC_0199 edit 3_10.JPG DSC_0199 edit 3_9.JPG DSC_0199 edit 3.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0199 edit 3.JPG
    DSC_0199 edit 3.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 2

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
in the first pic, remove the crimp connectors and solder the connections. crimp connection are ok in the care but outside they will corrode and cause problems.

95opal

Reaction score
pic 4 tps wiring or. I would pull that crap apart and solder and shrink wrap
pic 2 self test for obd1 scanner
second pic 2 is also self test and behind it it looks like you have a cracked vac cap

OP
OP
Daniel C

Daniel C

Reaction score
in the first pic, remove the crimp connectors and solder the connections. crimp connection are ok in the care but outside they will corrode and cause problems.
I'll get to soldering those soon, The crimp connectors was the previous owners handywork, and I've never seen it as an issue

OP
OP
Daniel C

Daniel C

Reaction score
pic 4 tps wiring or. I would pull that crap apart and solder and shrink wrap
pic 2 self test for obd1 scanner
second pic 2 is also self test and behind it it looks like you have a cracked vac cap
Good to know, and as far as the cracked vacuum cap goes, if you're talking about the piece of wire behind the other connector, that's the Cruise control, disconnected at the moment

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online