Need help identifying rubber suspension parts

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
Getting ready to tear into the front end and preparing.

Can you identify these. been up in the attic for a very long time!

I think these are the stock front bump stops. if yes which is top or bottom?

I think these are the rear stock bump stops.

think these came with my MM CC Plates. Not sure if these would be used in the front for bump stops and if yes which is the top or bottom.

RichV

Reaction score
I've never seen my stock front bumpstops but you're on the right track. The MM ones go with the cone side pointing up to the CC plate. Then the shockboot attaches to the little ridge, should be in the CC plate instructions.

I don't believe the rear has bumpstops, just 2 rubber pieces that sandwich the shocktower to the shock upper mount/thread. The bumpstop is on the body over the axle.

OP
OP
S

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
I've never seen my stock front bumpstops but you're on the right track. The MM ones go with the cone side pointing up to the CC plate. Then the shockboot attaches to the little ridge, should be in the CC plate instructions.

I don't believe the rear has bumpstops, just 2 rubber pieces that sandwich the shocktower to the shock upper mount/thread. The bumpstop is on the body over the axle.

Ahhh Ha! Thanks guys. That link was very helpful Thank you.

With another trip into the attic. I found the stock CC plates. The first two pics shown above are the rubber pieces for the Stock CC Plates!

The second two pics are the Stock front struts bump stops that are supposed to be mounted under the stock dust cover

and yes finally the the third was yes the MM bump stops supplied with the MM CC Plates.

Ok almost there. Should I use the stock bump stop under the dust cover? Or should I discard and then remove the stock bumper on top of the stock dust cover and install the MM bump stop as shown in the directions?

I know is says to in the directions but should I? What do you think?

RichV

Reaction score
I'd follow the destructions.

What's your suspension? Shocks? Springs?

OP
OP
S

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
I'd follow the destructions.

What's your suspension? Shocks? Springs?

Replacing a drag front suspension.

Car is now a driver Rich.

Nothing very special front: BMR 1" 525 rate lowering springs, Koni Str-t struts. MM CC Plates, stock sway bar, stock A-Arms are going back on too. I'm also replacing the front. hubs and inner outer tie rods too.

Out back I have J&M adj. Lowers (Street) with stock springs (165-210 rate) and Koni str-t's and stock sway bar. The uppers are J&M as well but thinking about putting some stockers back in after talking with MM.

Everything is either brand new or less than a year old. Waiting on some more part this week. Going to be a big thrash day this week. :headbang:

OP
OP
S

SVT CAMR

Reaction score

Ya know what you're right. It wakes sense. MM said the SN-95 shocks have internal bumpstops. and the pinion snubber above the pumpkin. Do you think I would need to replace the pinion snubber when just lowering 3/4"-1"?

RichV

Reaction score
If the springs come with one, do it. My eibachs came with one, so why not. But I don't think it will matter much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online