need help in yukon, oklahoma please!

sho89mtx

Reaction score
need help in yukon, oklahoma please!

So I changed my crappy spark plugs and ordered new coils and once I put everything in it started right up, then died, Then it would never start again. Any suggestions or can I get someone to come over and help me tommorow if they are free? Might be something really simple. I checked all the connections several times and nothing seem to be wrong. I'm not getting any power, can't even use my remote for my car locks, any suggestions or advice?

thanks in advance,
Scott​

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Make sure the grounds are on the coil packs and take every plug out and re-gap them.

OP
OP
S

sho89mtx

Reaction score
Make sure the grounds are on the coil packs and take every plug out and re-gap them.
what do you mean the "grounds", is that the silver rubber part? If so, I took them all out made sure they are all in there good and checked the fuses and even the battery. Battery was good, no fuses blown, still wont crank over. About the gapping of the plugs, the guy at autozone told me not to gap the NGK Iridium IX plugs because it will break off the heads. Was he wrong and I should gap them? Not gapping them could cause it not to start?

Witzy0070

Reaction score
The information you've provided is somewhat vague. At first it sounds like a spark issue, then it sounds like an electrical issue. First off, use copper plugs. Get basic cheap copper plugs. Gap them to the factory specs.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
And make sure you check both fuse boxes and test both sides of the fuses.

OP
OP
S

sho89mtx

Reaction score
Ok, so first off, let me say that don't trust the Oreilly's people. One of the first things I did when my car didn't start was take out my battery and took it to Oreilly's to have it tested. It took him like 20 minutes to get a readying(which I thought was very odd), then he had to take in the back and then came back and said it was fine and completely charged. When asked why it took him so long, he said the terminals were bad and took some time to get a reading, which I didn't fully believe.
SO fast forward until today I got my coils in the mail from amazon(that only cost me $34 shipped to the house for all 8 and I highly recommend everyone get these because they looked exactly like the stock ones, but better made)they all popped in very easily and tried to start the car and no luck. My neighbor who has a 01 GT was working on his car and just for craps and giggles, I thought I would ask him if I could borrow him battery and try it out on mine to see if that was the problem and sure enough, it started up easily and drove like a dream! Ughh, all this time I trusted Oreilly's and was worrying about something much more serious when nothing but the battery was bad. Still kinda odd though that immediately after replacing my plugs, my batter all of a sudden goes out, but oh well, it works and i am so happy to have a running car and not have to get it towed and/or fixed at a mechanic and to know my first plug job on a car was a huge success!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
buy a cheap volt meter you can get them for as little as $10. Every tool box needs one....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online