Need help - no signals/flashers - have replaced flasher and fuse

olympic

Reaction score
I went to use the hazard flashers on my 96 GT and nothing. I then went to use my turn signals after that and nothing. I believe trying to engage the hazards caused this situation as I rarely ever use them and after this attempt I have no turn signals or hazards.

I thought the flasher went bad so replaced it with a cheap one from the local parts store. Nothing. I replaced the fuse even though it looked good. Hopefully it was the correct one. I replaced the one in position #1 (15amp). But nothing.

All my brake lights work including the third light. I'm stumped. Could it be the turn signal switch? Seems odd given this all started when engaging the hazards. I welcome any thoughts as right now I am unable to drive it without signals. Thanks in advance for any help.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me years ago. Is your hazard switch on top of the steering column? On mine dust collected around the switch and when I pushed it in, it pushed the dust down into it. All I did to fix it was to clean the switch by simply pushing the hazard switch a dozen times or so and it cleaned off the wipers that make the connection.

OP
OP
O

olympic

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me years ago. Is your hazard switch on top of the steering column? On mine dust collected around the switch and when I pushed it in, it pushed the dust down into it. All I did to fix it was to clean the switch by simply pushing the hazard switch a dozen times or so and it cleaned off the wipers that make the connection.
Thanks. Yeah, it's up on top of the steering column and I'm not sure I've ever even used it prior to this attempt. I'll try pushing it a few times and see if I can get things working again. If not then I suspect I'll need to install a new switch.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I still have the same switch in my car that gave me issues. I am not sure on the year other then I know it was when I lived in AZ so before 2009. Just push it a bunch of times and then when you are cleaning it from now on pay attention to that spot and you will be fine.

OP
OP
O

olympic

Reaction score
I still have the same switch in my car that gave me issues. I am not sure on the year other then I know it was when I lived in AZ so before 2009. Just push it a bunch of times and then when you are cleaning it from now on pay attention to that spot and you will be fine.
You're awesome! I went out and pushed that hazard switch about 20 times and first one hazard started showing up (left front) and then the rears chimed in but no right front or regular turn signals. A few more pushes and then the blinkers started working again. Crazy but it seems all is functional again. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks again for the help!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea same reaction I had when I did mine. Just keep your crack clean :) < if that doesn't end up as a tag line I give up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.