need help on 93 computer swap for 94 95

tangerineGT

Reaction score
If any one knows a website or where i can get a wiring scamatic please let me know :help2:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I dont know about wiring them but i assume you modified the motor (h/c/i?) and it is running like shit and you are putting in the older computer to get rid of the tuning problems right? Its basically just a bandaid and you would be much better off getting it tuned right with the 94-95 computer.

OP
OP
T

tangerineGT

Reaction score
reason for the swap is because the car is charged and willnot run with 42lb injectors i got a friend with the same setup i got in a 91 lx with no tune and it runs great both cars have a 306 with a fcam 1.7 rockers svo motersports y303heads cobra intake 255 pump 42lb injectors no fmu a s trim with 16lb of boost my car has a JMS flip chip and is still really rich

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i know nothing about the jms flip chip (actually never heard of them), but i assume it was a mail order chip that has multiple settings obviously. I think you would be better off sending it to them to reburn it and telling them exactly what is going on with motor on the tune that it had so they can adjust it properly. I believe some companies will reburn for free but i dont know anything about jms but you should check into it. Most likely the problems you are experiencing are from the cam.

OP
OP
T

tangerineGT

Reaction score
i took the chip off tonight and the car runs a little better but is still really fat under 3000 RPMs i dont really think it has anything to do with the cam because i ran it without the blower and with 24lb injectors and it ran good

97vertstang

Reaction score
what type of injectors are u running???? whats ur fuel pressure at???check ur firing order!!and if u dont got 42s get an fmu!!!!!!more info please......

OP
OP
T

tangerineGT

Reaction score
i have a set of 42s in it right now with a paxton fule pressure regulator and my fule pressure is at 25lb at idle i also ran 24s with an FMU and it was lean over 4500 RPMs i have a set of 36s to and was wondering if i could run them without the FMU ???

97vertstang

Reaction score
ur fuel pressure should be higher than that.more like 40 spi withou vacuum.if ur running rich, with only 25 psi.u got another problem.recheck everything and make sure evrythings ok, seriously check ur firing order.if ur running 36s, or 42s u need a custom tune with a matching maf.check for spark too, u might not be getting enough????

OP
OP
T

tangerineGT

Reaction score
im running a boost ref. regulator and was told to run low presure at idle and the regulator would make it up under boost a friend of mine runs 42s with a tubro on a bone stock 92 with the same regulator and 22lb fule pressure at idle and it does pretty good i got a MSD BTM 6 that i need to put on do you think it will help much ???

OP
OP
T

tangerineGT

Reaction score
how much HP will a tweecer suport Im going for about 500 at the tires will a tweecer be what i need also have plans for a 393 this winter and with the Strim i should be good for around 700 will it suport that

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ya there are many types of tuners out there. Tweecer (supposedly has a steep learning curve, but can control a lot of things), afm pms(more user friendly, maybe a little less control than tweecer), AEM, FAST and many more. They will support your power pretty easily. It is a good idea if ya can find someone around you (whether it be a dyno shop or other person) with a certain tuner that knows what he is doing to help ya out. I am leaning towards a afm pms because it is supposed to be easier to run and i am in the middle of no where so help is almost non existent.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i was looking around stangnet and saw something on the fox comp swap. It is going to cost more $$ than you think to swap the comp. It is not just a simple switch a few wires around. It wont control the fan like the sn95 comp so that is something you have to do. I believe there is a kit that you need to get to swap and by the time it all adds up you might as well get a tweecer/pms. There are quite a few threads over @ stangnet about it might want to check it out. I am probably going with a pms to control w/e i decide to go with (351w, turbo/kb on the 302)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online