Need help on a blower

97 SVT Cobra

Reaction score
I am wanting to put a SC on my car but not sure which one to go with. I love the KB whine but with my engine I can only run the 1.5L and its not putting down the power that i want. The S-Trim has better numbers for my car. Any suggestions would be great. TIA Kevin

blackfang

Reaction score
Why not a KB and a shot of nitrous on a forged motor?

If you cant go that route I would go with a Vortech unit as Pro Chargers have had some issues with their units and the self oiling.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would suggest a ATI Procharger, get the P-1sc with a 2 core intrercooler. Also get full exhaust (Longtubes, catted X-pipe and a quality catback exhaust) with this 450hp would be NO problem. Go to www.procharger.com and you will find all the info you need.

Iceman12

Reaction score
what problem with Prochargers have u heard about? i was dreaming of a procharger p-15sc some day for my car. ( i like how silent they are).

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Iceman12 said:
what problem with Prochargers have u heard about? i was dreaming of a procharger p-15sc some day for my car. ( i like how silent they are).

I have no knowledge of any problems with ATI's products at all, they are top quality (obviously by the cost of them) and are well enginered.

Blown97Cobra

Reaction score
For a centri, I personally recommend a NOVI 2k. It pushes a ton of power and you will most likely NEVER out-grow it. This coming from a guy who has ran the S-Trim.

If you are looking for more fun on the street, then get the KB.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Blown97Cobra said:
For a centri, I personally recommend a NOVI 2k. It pushes a ton of power and you will most likely NEVER out-grow it. This coming from a guy who has ran the S-Trim.

If you are looking for more fun on the street, then get the KB.

Ive heard good things about them as well.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get the intercooler whichever you pick.

I second what blown97 said.

I'm not sure if the KB on your year has an intercooler.
You could always add WMI. :)

ForcFed93

Reaction score
D1SC, T-trim, or Novi 2k. Those would be the only ones I would get. I guess I'm just power hungry...

Peter

Reaction score
whats your budget?

unless your dead set on a blower I would suggest a turbo

an S trim should be able to provide you with enough power to kill your stock block/internals

find an older V1 if you want it to really whine.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did some checking on the KB blowers and in my case the lowest price I can get would be the standard kit NONINTERCOOLED 5psi and it would cost me 4300 :eek: for the intercooled version 6200 :eek: :eek: :eek:. I have read a LOT of good feed-back on these blowers and that is what has me wanting one, but I would have to settle for the entry level one at 4300, and even then on a STOCK cobra the rwhp is quoted at 430 and I have full exhaust pulleys and going to have mass air, tb and electric water pump with a custom dyno tune. So I guess I could see 475 or more at the wheels. The big advantage to the KB blowers are the roots set up, meaning they make full boost right off idle, compared to a centrifugal blower that makes boost as the rpms increase and that means the KB blower would have stronger throttle response in comparison. Just my 2 cents 8)

Peter

Reaction score
yah but for 4300 you could get a nice turbo kit aswell

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea that's true, but I have already got longtubes on my car and payed out all that money on the labor (and 500 bucks for the headers) so I would rather just get a blower. If I had it to do over I may have just went turbo to begin with, especially since nobody around my area is running one, everybody has a KB or Procharger. So it would be something that is rare around these parts.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
if you have no means of working on them i would def, suggest a blower alot easier to work on yourself.

Peter

Reaction score
yah I would suggest the KB over the procharger just because its more fun for a street car

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Peter said:
yah I would suggest the KB over the procharger just because its more fun for a street car

I was thinking that also, it will give it that big block feel since it makes full boost at the touch of the throttle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online