need help on choosing a midpipe

4.6snake

Reaction score
right now all i have exhaust wise is a magnaflow catback and am trying to figure out what way i want to go with my exhaust. im thinking ill probably get bbk long tubes and an off road mid pipe, but im unsure if an x or h would sound the best with the headers and magnaflows. ive heard that the x pipes are the way to go with a straight through muffler. anyone have experience with this?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have BBK longs with a catted x and flowmasters, I think the x is more raspy than the h, it has a deeper growl to it. I like my exhaust just fine though...............I am getting a SLP LMII kit soon however

blackfang

Reaction score
I have Longtubes with an o/r X pipe and Magnaflow dumps. I like the sound

Ciotti

Reaction score
X pipes sound "best" with straight through mufflers or H pipes sound "best" with chambered mufflers

OP
OP

4.6snake

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i think im going to go with bbk longtubes with a catted x and my magnaflows and see how that sounds.

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
I'm running BBK LT's, BBK O/R H and a magnapack C/B and I think it sounds great. I get alot of compliments on it.

The X's are too raspy for me......If you do go w/ a X I'd stay away from the BBK X, everyone i've heard dosen't sound very good.

strokergt

Reaction score
i've got a prochamber on mine, i love the sound of it.
its LT's and no cats on the prochamber

Danimal

Reaction score
Of all of the comparison test I've ever seen where the Dr. Gas x-pipe was included, it consistently makes more power. The cross-over is under the transmission instead of behind it, putting it right at the place where it can make the most power. I love mine...sadly I have literally no ground clearance though ::) I've drug the exhaust over many an obstacle...

-Dan

tankerman1981

Reaction score
L/T with a X pipe sound best with straight thru mufflers...H pipe sound best with a H-pipe

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i just wanted to add that everyone in this thread has bad a** signiture banners.

watman02

Reaction score
I was thinking BBK lt's and and o/r x but im not sure the lt's are worth it power wise? what do you guys think how much power would i make with just a o/r x verses that and lt's???
Its an 04 mach 1

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Dude dont ask questions like that.. You have a 4v engine... Get the LTs.. O/R X.. and SLP LM2s HAHAHA....

and get a tuner and get it tuned after you do this.. youll need it and it will help give you a more solid gain...

yes its worth it

watman02

Reaction score
ju015dd.

Yeah ive heard they sound good but what about power increase? could you tell any difference???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online