need help on making a decision on suspension parts

d_punch

Reaction score
i'm looking to buy springs, shocks, and struts for my 95 cobra.

i pretty much set on H&R SuperSport Springs

i just cant decide what brand of struts and shocks to get with the H&R's.

at first i was goign to go coilover and adjustible this and that, but after thinking about it. the less i can fuck with it the less chance i have of fucking it up. i like the stance of the H&R, i want something to compliment with a good ride. since it's more of a street beast that a track warrior.

i was looking at KYB AGX, they are adjustable, but from what i can tell they are a single adjustable which is fine by me. i really not looking for a double adjustable. the thought of being able to tweek it, is great but nothing crazy, i basiclly want to enjoy it more that have to tinker with it.

any suggestions?

and i will be buying my suspension through this site sponsor www.stangsuspension.com :thumb:

SonicStang

Reaction score
I have the Tokico Adjustable shocks and I like them pretty much. But with the SuperSport Springs it kinda doesn't matter which shocks you have, the ride quality those springs deliver is really bad.

Five-O

Reaction score
AGX or Tockico blues or adjustables would work great. Personally i'd go with some Koni's but those will cost you a little more and are more track mannered. Guess i'm a little biased. You decide...............is it going to be mostly street car? Autox/road racing or drag strip?

OP
OP
D

d_punch

Reaction score
SonicStang said:
But with the SuperSport Springs it kinda doesn't matter which shocks you have, the ride quality those springs deliver is really bad.

just wondering if your speaking from experience with H&R spring?

and Five-O it will be mostly a street car.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I would just go adjustable all around. I have adjustable coilovers in front and adjustable Maximum Motorsports LCA's in the back with the stock springs. I can adjust the stance any way I want and it rides great.

OP
OP
D

d_punch

Reaction score
after looking at it more, i'm leaning towards the tokicos 5 way. i didn't realize that the AGX's has the adjustment knob on the side of the strut/shock. compared to the Tokico 5 way which i believe has it on the top of the strut/shock. i really don't want to get on the ground to be able to reach the adjustments. cause i know at first i will be trying out all the settings to see what i like best for different driving conditions. now that i know what struts/shocks i want, now i have to decide on CC plates, and bump steer kit. i hate making decisions :comando:

sweetstang94

Reaction score
i wish i would have paid for the agx's but i have kyb gr2 eibachs springs mac upper and lowers and a steeda rear sway bar, with saleen rep wheels 18 by 9 and 265 35s and i auto crossed this last weekend for the first time ever. i was running with rx-8 and subys! so it works but it pushed a lot!

G

GREG@SN95

I would have to say eibah from experience...

I've got the springs struts sway bars... the whole yotta yotta...

fuckin thing corners like a vette...

expensive but well worth the extra $$$

remember... ya get what ya pay for...

Downshift

Reaction score
I am not totally convinced about the Supersports being a horrible ride quality. I have them and right now they suck, I love the stance and all but the ride is pretty bouncy. BUT and its a big but. My shocks and struts basically do absolutly nothing. When I put my spring on they didnt even move I had to move them with my hand....so they are just....well there. So the ride im getting is just all spring. But Im convinced that a good set of shocks/struts it will be fine.

G

GREG@SN95

5.0wned said:
I am not totally convinced about the Supersports being a horrible ride quality. I have them and right now they suck, I love the stance and all but the ride is pretty bouncy. BUT and its a big but. My shocks and struts basically do absolutly nothing. When I put my spring on they didnt even move I had to move them with my hand....so they are just....well there. So the ride im getting is just all spring. But Im convinced that a good set of shocks/struts it will be fine.

thats your problem :eek:

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I have steeda sport springs and koni shocks and struts. Great handling and ride quality. It rides frim, but still nice enough that the wife won't bitch about it riding like a lumber wagon. The ride hight is just about right for a sn95 stang. Mine is lowered about 1.5 inches. I may also be biased with my setup, but i figure if you stick with a quality name you wont regret it. Plus if steeda is fords go to company for suspension components, they are good enough for me.
They also offer alot of other components that will make it handle alot better than just springs and shocks.

Thats just my 2 cents :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online