Need help on my sons 04 4.6 V8 Mustang AC Lines Blew from Firewall

TheCabralFamily

Reaction score
Thank You for welcoming us to the Forum. The last week my son has had the issue with AC Blowing out of the dash vents, and knew it was a vacuum leak and it was on our list of repairs. Today my son returned from an oil change where they changed oil, filter and topped off the coolant. He drove home about 5 miles, turned off the car and went inside. 10 mins later neighbor calls said they heard a loud noise and white smoke. We open up the hood to see that the two main lines going thru the firewall have come clean out. What in the world would cause this? Thank You!
AC 2.jpgAC 1.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Has there been any ac work done to the car recently? I would think maybe someone serviced it and didn’t push the lines all the way on.

Maximum95

Reaction score
Has there been any ac work done to the car recently? I would think maybe someone serviced it and didn’t push the lines all the way on.

I'd agree with that. If those lines are pushed all the way on, they aren't coming off without a tool. The o-rings look pretty new judging by the color. If you don't lube them up first, or if they're slightly too thick, those fittings can be difficult to get on all the way until they click into place.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Not only are the springlocks disengaged, but there are also supposed to be safety collars that slip on to prevent a springlock failure. Call or email MPS Auto Salvage (you probably can't find these at the dealer anymore) and ask them for some A/C Springlock safety clips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online