Need help on wheel selection

fawcett

Reaction score
Ok I have a black 95 gts (wingless) and I am going to get some Saleen Style rims from mustangtuning.com.
I need some help choosing between the chrome and the hypercoated. I have never seen hypercoated up close but it looks cool on the many pics i have downloaded over the last week. I have seen chrome and it sometimes is too much. I have some polished aluminum cobra r's on my ride now but they are beat and I want 18's anyways. The only body mods i have are clear projectors & corners and a saleen heat extractor hood.
Oh and this is my first post on this site and I'd like to say that im proud to be a member
-fawcett
WHAT FINISH SHOULD I CHOOSE?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey bud me and you are in the same boat, I want the FR500's and so far have my mind set on the Hypercoated (so far ::)) over the Chrome ones. I have chrome bullitts now and I just want a change from that super bright finish I have now. From what I have been told the Hypercoat finish is awesome, I went over to SVT Performance and a few of those guys are familiar with it and love it. So like I said right now I am getting the Hypercoated ones........unless I change my mind by this comeing Friday (pay-day) ;D

97GTS

Reaction score
welcome fawcett and wingless FTW!!! :banana: as for what finish you should choose, honestly you can't go wrong with either of them. i've seen both finishes up close in person and they both look good trust me ;)

OP
OP
F

fawcett

Reaction score
so what is the easiest to keep clean?
i ask because my brembos dirty up my polished aluminum cobra r's on the first stop.
i should get a lot of other things besides these wheels but the cobra r's wont stay clean for
a whole day.

do the hypercoated rims need to be polished ever or are they painted cleared then cleaned
like the rest of the car with soap/water (no buffing required?)
and whats up with chrome, do they just require a wiping off or do they need to be polished and buffed
i want wheel maintaince to be minimal at best,
-fawcett

theponyfactor

Reaction score
If you want maintenence to be minimal then I wouldn't go with chrome. They look really good after you cleal/polish them, but as soon as it rains or any water drys on them you can notice...at least I can.

OP
OP
F

fawcett

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help guys, looks like the Hypercoated rims are for me. If anyone has some pics of them on a black car I would really appreciate it.
So exterior mods for my ride are going to be:
Hypercoated Saleen style Hypercoated rims
Smoked Headlights and corners
Saleen Heat Extractor Hood

Next up: SUSPENSION!!!!! (and tune....)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
fawcett said:
Thanks for all your help guys, looks like the Hypercoated rims are for me. If anyone has some pics of them on a black car I would really appreciate it.
So exterior mods for my ride are going to be:
Hypercoated Saleen style Hypercoated rims
Smoked Headlights and corners
Saleen Heat Extractor Hood

Next up: SUSPENSION!!!!! (and tune....)

good luck getting somebody to show pics on a car, I have been after some for 2 weeks now and cant get anyone to post up a car with them on it. :'(

OP
OP
F

fawcett

Reaction score
awe Snakenbit you got my hopes up. maybe we will strike gold and someone will see this thread and post pics on both of our threads..... then again maybe we will strike out.
I really would like to see some pics of a black 95 with hypercoated fake saleens!!!!
please help two fellow brothers out!!!!!!
-fawcett

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I searched HI and LO for these...I Hate to bite this guys style but this is Hottness, whith a capitol HOTNESS. I also sent an invite to the owner to join us...ENJOY.

7619-new-wheels-are-on-drop-031-small-.jpg

7618-new-wheels-are-on-drop-033-small-.jpg

7620-new-wheels-are-on-drop-034-small-.jpg

7621-new-wheels-are-on-drop-032-small-.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Capital Hotness is right, that looks GREAT.

Snakie and Facett - if you guys want to see certain wheels on your car, you can request a photochop.
I can do that, if you want. :angel:

As far as keeping wheels clean, if you seal them up, and keep them clean, the less crap(especially brake dust) will stick to the wheels. brake dust will corrode the finish, paint, coated or chrome.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Capital Hotness is right, that looks GREAT.

Snakie and Facett - if you guys want to see certain wheels on your car, you can request a photochop.
I can do that, if you want. :angel:

As far as keeping wheels clean, if you seal them up, and keep them clean, the less crap(especially brake dust) will stick to the wheels. brake dust will corrode the finish, paint, coated or chrome.

that would be great, I'll PM you :thumb:

OP
OP
F

fawcett

Reaction score
already made another thread on this but does anyone have any pics of a 94-98 stang with the 18in rims from www.maximummotorsports.com
initially i thought they were MM rims but after another look they are Koings,
anyone with a pic would be helping me make this considered rim decision much easier for me
fyi, these rims are atleast 5.5lbs lighter than the fake saleens on mustangtuning.com
(that post on knockoffs has got me scared, i dont want to hit a bump in the road at 120mph -have the knock off rim deflect and break on me its simply not worth it!)
Please post pics!
-fawcett

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online